I finally beat the game. Please help me be angry.

#1AStrawhatPiratePosted 4/2/2012 12:56:29 AM
****This will contain SPOILERS****

Ok so I know I am late but I finally beat Mass Effect 3. I will explain my feelings as I played tonight.

I am on Earth and we are losing terribly. All major planets have been destroyed and Earth is on its last legs and the Citadel has been kidnapped. Most organic life is wiped out at this point.

Wave after overwhelming wave made me think that the game was going to end like Crysis Core with Shepard dying in a wave of Reapers and never even completing the Crucible. I am thinking this way because I have only been hearing about the crazy level of disappointment long time fans have had with this game or this games ending. So I am just waiting for some far out foul **** to go down.

So the game continues and we get blown up by a reaper laser and I assume that this is the end. It wasnt.

Keep going and talk to Anderson and Illusive Man who has paralysis/mind control powers now. (Uh oh) I thought maybe a final boss fight was incoming but I ended up shooting him dead.

Me and Anderson sat down and chilled and I guess he died to. I wasnt shocked, I figured at this point everyone was dead. Until Hacket called and said the Crucible was a piece of crap that didnt work. I was like awwww wtf.

But then I floated and talked to the little ghost kid who I now cal Casper. He basically explained the entire reason of the Reapers, how he controls them, how his plan will no longer work anymore and how it was now my choice to choose how to effect the entire universe!

So I could either kill all the Reapers, which seemed to easy and it could backfire. Plus Casper warned that we will only do that to get taken over by synthetics once again. Terminators bah!

Or I could control the Reapers myself but I dont see wtf logic would make me want to do that. Of course I could stop them but I would be like the Illusive man, hell it probably would turn me into a damn Reaper. So no.

My final choice was to evolve existence to it's pique by combing synthetics and organics into a perfect DNA combining bliss. Well since we are all going to die or already dead in this war I figured why not this one? If we have to start over lets do it this way.

So I jumped in the light, saw memories of Joker, Anderson and Liara and died. Expected/10. Then I see the war end, I see the Normandy get caught in the light then later see the results of my choice. The plants are robots the robots are humans etc. Its crazy. I see my crew landed on a inhabitable planet and from here the recycling process begins.

Mass Relays are gone and life will start over for everyone on whatever planet they happened to be on during the Galaxy-wide fireworks show. Well a lot better than being dead.

Epic music at the end with a beautiful scene. Then boom. The credits. I didnt understand. I was waiting for the part to piss me off, but the part never came. Now I am not an idiot so I KNOW that I am not the only person that is not upset with this ending, but maybe I missed something.

This ending to me was on par with some of my favorite endings of all time, the ending to Crisis Core and the ending to Red Dead Redemption. I have never read into why everyone is so pissed and calling Bioware the bane of video games now.

So please, I saw the ending and I am happy and pleased with the closure even though I am full of sadness that my favorite video game universe of all time has come to an end. So clearly something is wrong with me because I have no desire to hate this game or the ending or Bioware or call the FBI (lol). Please help me be angry?
---
PSN/LoL: Stank Dangerous - XBL: SinisterxSoul
Currently Playing: ME3, RE:R, LoL
#2ShadowGomamonPosted 4/2/2012 1:00:12 AM

I saw the ending and I am happy and pleased with the closure

you cannot be serious
---
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Nekovivie/advanced
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Alahsiedra/advanced
#3rduck1Posted 4/2/2012 1:12:51 AM
Because the whole thing makes no sense. The space-child spouts a whole heap of nonsense and expects you to make a choice out of three that are all terrible and nonsensical as well. The synthesis ending in particular makes very little sense - how do you make a "new DNA" that suddenly changes all creatures into half-machines. How does that work, and how does it solve anything?
---
PSN ID: rduck1
#4SunricerPosted 4/2/2012 1:14:39 AM
No one take the bait, please..
#5AStrawhatPirate(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2012 1:16:11 AM
I think I felt closure because I never felt like the ending to ME3 was the ending of the series but rather ME3 itself was the ending to the series. It was a hopeless fight that could not be won. I dont know what kind of ending people expected though...

Like Shepard saves the day life goes back to normal? What would stop another Reaper attack? Idk I'm just guessing in the dark here but I am sorry that I felt closure in the ending.
---
PSN/LoL: Stank Dangerous - XBL: SinisterxSoul
Currently Playing: ME3, RE:R, LoL
#6LordRorkPosted 4/2/2012 1:28:36 AM

I don't think you need to be angry - I wasn't. But I was more than a bit confused. "My" Shepard wouldn't have taken any of those choices on offer. Convert (and die), merge (and die) or destroy (and probably die) just felt wrong...particularly as "my" Shepard had made peace between the Geth and the Quarians - now my "best" option that involves killing the reapers involves killing an ally?

Shepard's sacrifice is fine, but to throw in a Starchild and Deus Ex ending was weak. That the different endings to an otherwise awesome trilogy were basically identical is weak. They even try an Inception style twist...weakly (You're left with too many questions).

It's a substandard ending. It lacks much of the emotional link you had with the rest of the game and its characters (What happened to everyone else, for example?) - Tali's fate if you miss some of the Rannoch missions, for example...or even just escaping the caves with Grunt taking down rachni left, right and centre.

It was a series with excellent characters and the fate of the galaxy in your hands. How the game handles both of those in the end leaves me cold.

#7GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 4/2/2012 1:44:31 AM
Just out of curiosity to see what the other 2 boards for this games topics mostly consisted of, I happened to browse them this morning...

Any particular reason you felt the need to post this topic on all 3 boards?

Viral PR damage control poster?

Viral PR damage control poster.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#8mimycriPosted 4/2/2012 1:50:51 AM
I wasn't angry. I've felt drained.
#9meteor9898Posted 4/2/2012 2:07:54 AM
I saw the ending and I am happy and pleased with the closure

Oh what's that tasty looking thing dangling on that little hook? I hope you dont mind if I take a bite...

Yeah, no thanks. I'll just let all the other fishies have this one.
#10PostagaPosted 4/2/2012 2:19:08 AM
You should be angry because the ending was bad.

Hit up "10 reasons we hate Mass Effect 3's ending" if you want to know why. It covers most of the main points pretty well.