The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Talent points keep resetting in SP?

#1shadowofthearkPosted 4/23/2012 2:25:34 AM(edited)
Alright, so, the problem I was having is that the game automatically detects the number of talent points you should have at your current level and resets them if they aren't what they should be at. Guess I'll have to deal with not having a maxed out Shepard and squadmates... and the 4 leftover talent points will forever bug the hell out of me...
---
Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off...
#2PapaRosario23Posted 4/23/2012 1:58:43 AM(edited)
I believe whenever you enter a new area, the game checks to make sure your total talent points match up with how many you should have based on your level. If it doesn't match up, then your talent points get reset. So stop trying to give yourself more talent points and your talents will stop resetting.

Edit: Also, no, I edited my Paragon score and never had any problems connecting to EA servers. I don't think that's the problem.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
#3shadowoftheark(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 2:00:34 AM
Alright... well, how about this problem?: I went back to my ME2 save and reset my powers and reduced my talent points from 70 to 51, the normal maximum, but whenever I import to ME3, it bumps up to 60 talent points and I can't reduce it using the editor.

And am I the only one that can't connect to the ME3 servers? I'm being locked out of my Collector's Edition content in SP...
---
Due to technical difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been shut off...
#4PapaRosario23Posted 4/23/2012 2:04:14 AM(edited)
shadowoftheark posted...
Alright... well, how about this problem?: I went back to my ME2 save and reset my powers and reduced my talent points from 70 to 51, the normal maximum, but whenever I import to ME3, it bumps up to 60 talent points and I can't reduce it using the editor.

Talent points per level probably changed from ME2 to ME3. Don't try to mess with your talent points. Just take whatever the game gives you. If you try to change it, the game will just reset it to what it should be.

And I connected about an hour or two ago. Haven't played since then though.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
#5shadowoftheark(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 2:05:19 AM
Ah, okay, that makes sense. Thanks, I suppose...
So, there's no way to change the total maximum at all?
I really like playing through with my Shepard and squadmates maxed.
---
#6PapaRosario23Posted 4/23/2012 2:07:05 AM
Increase your level to max. Besides that I don't believe there's any way to get more talent points.

Is the game fun with all talents maxed though? Seems like it'd be pretty boring.
---
#7shadowoftheark(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 2:11:35 AM
PapaRosario23 posted...
Increase your level to max. Besides that I don't believe there's any way to get more talent points.

Is the game fun with all talents maxed though? Seems like it'd be pretty boring.

I did max my level. And you end up 8 points short of maxing out, so it's not like there's a huge difference, I'm just a little picky sometimes.
---