spoilers!!! another ending doubt.

#1ripper_man6Posted 4/23/2012 7:32:39 AM
hi!
1 thing i dont understand In the ending no matter what shepard dies,,
so after credits how does the dude decide to tell another story about shepard if he died then, and they are humans even after the synthesis or green explosion.
man ithink comander shepard will return in another mass effect spin off to again save the galaxy but the creators will say its artistic and unrelated to me3.
anyway the reapers have won!
---
HURT ME MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#2funkyfritterPosted 4/23/2012 7:35:14 AM
Poor writing.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#3popredPosted 4/23/2012 7:38:25 AM
EA's DLC milking policy ruined the ending not Bioware who are victims of EA's greed just like the Mass Effect fans are.
#4bobhome2Posted 4/23/2012 10:20:43 AM
Yeah, I'm definitely confused about how Buzz Aldrin knows the story, if Shepard dies alone. There's a total disconnect here.
#5DarkZalaPosted 4/23/2012 10:26:54 AM
Destroy ending with high enough ems?
---
Official <magic pot> of Final Fantasy boards.
"Feed me ELIXIR"
#6ZemPosted 4/23/2012 10:45:00 AM
Also possible they are breaking the fourth wall a bit there and really just saying, "Hey.. play the game again!"
#7sliph007Posted 4/23/2012 11:19:05 AM

I made a thread about my personal theory with this:

http://www.gamespot.com/mass-effect-3/forum/there-is-a-canon-ending-ending-spoilers-62559127/

Basically, it think the last scene locks in one of the endings as cannon (based soley off of the framing of the end), but whether this was intentional or an oversite is yet to be seen.

As for why the're still human after the green blast ending (or why the scene is identical after every ending for that matter), I think that it's supposed to be covered by his "a lot of the details were lost through the years" comment, it just failed miserably to do so.

#8clowningPosted 4/23/2012 12:07:32 PM
I actually see no problem with that part, well, other than the general lameness of it.

If you think about the trilogy, there are many things Shep did. The old man could be telling the story of how Shep killed Saren. Then he can tell the story of how Shep Revived the last Prothean, etc. etc.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#9The_OctavariumPosted 4/24/2012 1:14:33 AM
ripper_man6 posted...

1 thing i dont understand In the ending no matter what shepard dies,,

Actually, he lives in the destroy ending.
---
were is teh lUhhv?
#10alkarion_logPosted 4/24/2012 6:35:36 AM
popred posted...
EA's DLC milking policy ruined the ending not Bioware who are victims of EA's greed just like the Mass Effect fans are.

if they let then and also fired or the main writer from ME1 and 2, it bioware fault.

I know some still think nothing from bioware would be crap, but SWTOR and ME3 its here to tell us, bioware is a crap company, just deal with it
---
FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and some money