Today only sale on Amazon $29.99

#1Anzak55Posted 4/24/2012 5:45:47 AM
ME3 is one of the Gold box items on Amazon so on sale for today only. Doesn't do me much good since I'm on the very last mission & preparing myself for the supposedly crappy ending.
#2ZemPosted 4/24/2012 7:33:52 AM
The best way to prepare for the ending is to turn off your computer.
#3Anzak55(Topic Creator)Posted 4/24/2012 8:39:44 AM
Sad thing is I had never played any of these, so bought ME1 & ME2 and have been playing straight thru from the beginning for the past month. Oh well, maybe Max Payne 3 will help me forget :)
#4akira595Posted 4/24/2012 5:57:56 PM
To be honest, I would buy this game again. I've had loads of fun and since my brother and I both play the same copy, we have easily gotten our money back. I beat Mass Effect 3 for the first time and thought the ending was crappy, but started a new character to run through all three games the next day. I honestly just don't see what all the hate is about. So what, the end sucks. Hopefully, Bioware will explain the ending and make things right, but even if they don't, I'm still going to re-play the games for the next decade.

Why do people let 10 minutes of mediocre story telling ruin 100+ hours of fun gameplay, massive amounts of lore and an engaging story?
---
"Well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks.."
#5GamemakoPosted 4/24/2012 5:59:26 PM
akira595 posted...
Why do people let 10 minutes of mediocre story telling ruin 100+ hours of fun gameplay, massive amounts of lore and an engaging story?

Because it undid the two of three of those?
---
One can only wonder at how such idiocy invariably comes to power.
ESTIMATE THE CATACLYSM. CALCULATE THE APOCALYPSE.
#6akira595Posted 4/24/2012 6:07:13 PM

The fact that Bioware messed up doesn't make Kirrahe's speech on Virmire any less touching, it doesn't make speaking to Sovereign any less epic, it doesn't make the suicide mission on the collector base any less thrilling. I just don't think it matters that much. It is what it is and the rest of the games are still good.
---
"Well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks.."
#7SlamslatePosted 4/24/2012 6:09:10 PM
akira595 posted...

The fact that Bioware messed up doesn't make Kirrahe's speech on Virmire any less touching, it doesn't make speaking to Sovereign any less epic, it doesn't make the suicide mission on the collector base any less thrilling. I just don't think it matters that much. It is what it is and the rest of the games are still good.

trilogy spoilers....

Actually the Catalyst does make Sovereign less epic since we are left wondering what was the point of Sovereign at all. Why doesn't the catalyst lend sovereign a hand when Sovereign is docked on the citadel? Why does Sovereign even exist if the Catalyst is a part of the Citadel?

Now obviously it's because the catalyst wasn't thought of back in ME1 but still.
---
*Connection established*
Synthetics don't have DNA. Shields, out.-Marauder Shields
#8GamemakoPosted 4/24/2012 6:24:18 PM
Spoilers:

akira595 posted...

(1) Yes, it does. Cue Generic Yellow STG Guy on Earth.
(2) Yes, it does. Why doesn't spacemagic-boy just open the arms himself?
(3) Actually, that mission became nothing more than an annoyance after my first time through.
---
One can only wonder at how such idiocy invariably comes to power.
ESTIMATE THE CATACLYSM. CALCULATE THE APOCALYPSE.
#9DangaardPosted 4/24/2012 8:00:16 PM
Thanks for the notice. Bought it for a friend who wanted it but was waiting for a sale. Unfortunately you don't get free shipping if you're outside the states.
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#10maurerPosted 4/28/2012 5:20:28 PM
akira595 posted...

For the exact same reason that most people don't like finishing their favorite breakfast with a vomit shake.

Tends to leave things on a sour note.