why do no turians look like Saren?

#1Jason_Ryu_3Posted 4/24/2012 9:26:49 AM
all of the turians we see look more like garrus (a few spikes on top, relatively thin face)

Saren, on the other hand, has 2 huge face spikes from his cheeks, and the rear of his mandibles seem to protrude further back
---
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/Jason_Ryu/MS%20Paint/Jason_Ryu.jpg
Soul Silver FC: 1979 0236 8128
#2Arctic_BlastPosted 4/24/2012 9:40:22 AM
I always figured Saren looked different due to his cybernetic upgrades.
Though it is odd that the council or others don't go "So, Saren...what's up with being a cyborg?"
---
http://i56.tinypic.com/28jdzbq.jpg
#3HighLight43Posted 4/24/2012 9:41:32 AM
I think design parameters just weren't completely set un stone during the development of ME1. Benezia also looks noticeably different from the rest of the Asari... She looks old. All other Asari get smooth faces no matter how old they're supposed to be.
---
English is my third language.
#4SKA_Posted 4/24/2012 9:48:12 AM
i think matriarchs are supposed to look different from matron asari. benezia, aethyta, and aria look vastly different from other asari
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#5MachEvolutionPosted 4/24/2012 10:45:21 AM
I would attribute it to the Cybernetic upgrades despite the council not saying anything about it(could be he had previously gotten cybernetic implants for other reasons such as damage received in battle so the Reaper implants don't really look out of place), the Reaper Marauders look somewhat similar to Saren.
#6TaafeMJPosted 4/24/2012 10:57:09 AM
He's deformed. All the other Turians were nice enough to not make fun of him, but the humans (who, by the way, are all racist) made fun of his freaky looks. This explains why he hates humans so much.
#7HighLight43Posted 4/24/2012 11:15:31 AM
SKA_ posted...
i think matriarchs are supposed to look different from matron asari. benezia, aethyta, and aria look vastly different from other asari

Aethyta and Aria don't look that different from other Asari. Benezia is much more wrinkly and old looking.
---
English is my third language.
#8DangaardPosted 4/24/2012 1:10:33 PM
They wanted to make him look unique and stand out basically. Otherwise the main antagonist would look like any other ordinary character. They were actually going to make him look considerably more twisted and abnormal from reaper tech or otherwise, but opted to go for a few defining features instead so that he could blend in with society.
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#9ChazorePosted 4/24/2012 2:00:31 PM
Technically all turians are Sarens in the making. None of them have a facepaint option which means you'll be viewed by a backstabbing traitor in the making in the turian hierarchy
#10timerider4Posted 4/24/2012 5:40:28 PM
I would say it's because he was slowly being indoctrinated (Marauders look the same), but even on the cover of Revelation, pre-Sovereign Saren still looked like that.
---
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman, on HL2 Ep.2's Little Rocket Man