So the console versions of the game are higher rated by 4%

#1UberzakiPosted 4/28/2012 6:45:04 AM
(According to gamerankings)

Does that mean I will be 4% happier if I play the console version?

Should I convert my ME2 save file to an xbox version, buy a second hand xbox and become 4% more complete?

No troll.
#2popredPosted 4/28/2012 7:25:00 AM
Lower standard of gaming on consoles. On PC we have a higher standard of RPGs to compare against Mass Effect series like Baldur's Gate series, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 & 2, Diablo series, Neverwinter Nights series, The Witcher series, Icewind Dale series, Dragon Age 1 (PC), KOTOR series, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Gothic series and countless MMORPGs. On Xbox 360 & PS3 Mass Effect 3 is compared to Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Dragon Age (console versions), Kingdoms of Amalur. Fable series, Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2. Definitely it is going to score 4 points higher despite the crap ending because the most consoles game reviewers are as ignorant as their target demographic and could not point out the flaws in a game even if it hit them in the face.
#3grand_commanderPosted 4/28/2012 7:25:50 AM
I think someone just took this thread way too seriously. A simple "I don't think it works that way" from me.
#4JumalaccaPosted 4/28/2012 7:28:43 AM
It just means that console players are on average 4% less intelligent. I thought the gap was higher, but after seeing the influx of players trying to get their commendation pack this weekend, I'm not so sure anymore.
---
http://youtu.be/kenbLJ7Q1yQ - Skyrim Shuffling Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiZws7ncoA - Thrillerborn Dance Vid
#5crunchy612Posted 4/28/2012 7:48:14 AM
^oh yes. I've only played half my usual time today, and i've kicked.... 20-25 newbies. Several level 1s. As in N7 level 1.

Then there's the Adept with an Incisor and Phaeston, the Gethfiltrator with a Predator I(i kid you not.), the ChargeNova happy Manguard, a Quarian Infil with Graal Spike Thrower..... Ack. Two more days of this crap... There're gems in there, of course, but the rest....
---
"I prefer 'Infiltrate them and sabotage from inside'." - Nykza
"It's like trading my Longsword for Flashbombs." -Ecc
#6TomGlPosted 5/6/2012 5:34:05 AM
Wow, that's a friendly, helpful approach right there. New players with ineffective builds? Don't offer them help or advice, just kick them!
It's gents like you that make online gaming such a warm and welcoming place to be.
#7Jaded_MemoryPosted 5/6/2012 6:21:54 AM
I assume it's a control thing. EA keep missing a trick by not offering gamepad support for the PC Mass Effect games. When I first started PC gaming, coming from Xbox 360 and PS3, I hated the idea of using my keyboard and my touchpad to do everything - it felt so clunky by comparison, and didn't let me react as quickly. To this day, if a game has gamepad support, I'm more likely to use a gamepad.

Other than that, I can't see much of a difference.
---
Why One Piece is epic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vslBlZFpyRA
#8SKA_Posted 5/6/2012 9:59:06 AM
i would only agree with not kicking them and helping them if for some strange reason he was playing bronze. i am guess he was kicking them because they were in silver or gold, which i fully endorse, if they are going to be stupid with their weapon choices and builds then let them stick to bronze.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#9TriodPosted 5/6/2012 11:25:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10TriodPosted 5/6/2012 11:39:28 AM(edited)
"Lower standard of gaming on consoles. On PC we have a higher standard of RPGs to compare against Mass Effect series like Baldur's Gate series, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1 & 2, Diablo series, Neverwinter Nights series, The Witcher series, Icewind Dale series, Dragon Age 1 (PC), KOTOR series, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Gothic series and countless MMORPGs. On Xbox 360 & PS3 Mass Effect 3 is compared to Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Dragon Age (console versions), Kingdoms of Amalur. Fable series, Final Fantasy XIII & XIII-2. Definitely it is going to score 4 points higher despite the crap ending because the most consoles game reviewers are as ignorant as their target demographic and could not point out the flaws in a game even if it hit them in the face."

I like how you bring up 12 year old PC games yet console games are only from this generation which was pretty weak on the RPG front, totally not biased or anything (nevermind the fact that there are no demon/dark souls, which are vastly superior to 90% of the console games mentioned).

P.S. As for the topic all it means is that console reviewers are slightly better bribed, I always laugh when I see something like a 8.9 professional critic score and 3.9 user score.