Thoughts on the Talon?

#1silver knuxPosted 4/28/2012 5:45:26 PM
It's the Shotgun-Pistol that has Cerberus coloring. I recently tried it out on my Tank, I mean Krogan Sentinel, and I like it a lot. It's very powerful, quite accurate, and has a decent rate of fire. The biggest drawback seems to be the lack of ammo. Even with the extra ammo mod it only extends how many rounds are in each clip but doesn't increase total ammo reserves for that weapon.

It's better than most shotguns it seems, and does a tremendous job of dropping shields/barriers/armor quite quickly. And I'm using it on Silver for reference. Works great as a close quarters weapon, but that low ammo count is somewhat bothersome. My Krogan Sentinel is also specced for maximum damage/defense and uses the Widow alongside the Talon. Using this setup lets me absolutely dominate on silver, though Geth are a little harder to deal with.

So what are your thoughts?
---
Wielder of the Legendary Halberd of Noobpwnage+4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/silvex/Photos/Lego/SuperGate.png
#2ledgerewskiePosted 4/28/2012 6:11:25 PM
I like it too. It's pretty heavy so that limits the amount of characters I can use it with, but I had fun using it with my Quarian engineer. Of course, shields are a problem with her so I carry an ultralight Hurricane with me to take off shields of boss enemies. But it's definitely a fun gun to use.
#3SKA_Posted 4/28/2012 6:12:18 PM
lacks the shotgun consistent knockback, which is needed for close quarter combat on gold. fine for bronze and silver though.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#4popredPosted 4/28/2012 6:21:28 PM
Very Good Vanguard gun for Gold, for anyone else there are better alternatives.
#5ledgerewskiePosted 4/28/2012 6:46:17 PM
Doesn't it make any vanguard's cooldown penalty worse than +200, though?
#6Shik_stickPosted 4/28/2012 7:13:08 PM
popred posted...
Very Good Vanguard gun for Gold, for anyone else there are better alternatives.

Yeah...that depends on the vanguard. Disciple or GPS is best for Krogan, Carnifax or Paladin fro Asari. and the Predator for human. I really laugh every time i see a human vanguard with anything more.
---
"I'm sorry, do you have a plan to go along with that grenade?"- Nathan drake
FORJ-Best Friend of Red Jenny/ nObama 2012
#7popredPosted 4/28/2012 7:15:40 PM
ledgerewskie posted...
Doesn't it make any vanguard's cooldown penalty worse than +200, though?

+190 with my Talon. I take the weapon damage +10% over reduce weight of all weapons by 20 % because Talon does equally really high damage but with faster fire rate than the similar weight shotguns, I also use the piercing and barrel mods. Add inferno ammo and pistol rail amp and power amplifier and you have got an unbeatable vanguard provided you are the host.
#8silver knux(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 7:30:09 PM
It is fairly heavy but that's not a concern on my Krogan Sentinel. I think he's sitting at around 99% cooldown penalty with the Talon and Widow, but it's not like he has any powers that I need to use all the time. Activate Armor at the beginning of the match, 3xlift grenades that don't need cooldown, and incinerate which is more of a "just because" kind of thing on my Krogan. Incinerate has something like an 18s cooldown on it now and yet I never find myself not having it when I want to use it.
---
Wielder of the Legendary Halberd of Noobpwnage+4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/silvex/Photos/Lego/SuperGate.png
#9DangaardPosted 4/29/2012 12:23:10 AM
Better than most shotguns, but that's not saying much. If you have it, better to use the Hurricane. Also quite heavy, so if you have a high level Disciple, possibly better to use that. Overall not a great weapon, but pretty neat to use.
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#10crunchy612Posted 4/29/2012 12:26:08 AM
@ledgerewskie

Ultralight material mod doesn't work except for the Geth SMG, last i checked.
---
"I prefer 'Infiltrate them and sabotage from inside'." - Nykza
"It's like trading my Longsword for Flashbombs." -Ecc