Bioware - - Why you no give me final boss? (Spoilers)

#1BlackSpyro_33Posted 4/29/2012 10:20:53 AM
I'm already over the endings. I'd only been playing he trilogy for the ride, not the conclussion (Although I can't deny the frustration of Shepard's ultimate sacrifice at the moment) but what really got me was the lack of a Final Boss to give you that feeling of helplessness that you must overcome by forcing an enemy unlike anything you've faced before in the game against you.

In ME1, we had Saren, aka a one-skeleton army. He kept being annoying and was a tough bastard, his resilence made him the most annoying in my opinion, but even then it was a pretty fight. His defeat gave you closure. He killed Nihlus! D: The first alien we get to see in this series! I liked him, he was adorable, like a life-size plushy I wanted to hug until his eyes popped out. So getting Saren to shoot himself and then get him to go boom after his transformation was awesome.

ME2, we fight the treacherous torso of Arnold Schwarzenegger. You see, at the time that was unexpected, and the fight was different! Sure, just aim at the weak spot and survive, but you're fighting a big monster that must be stopped at all costs simply 'cause it's an aberration and OH GOD WHY DOES IT HAVE MORE THAN TWO EYES. SHOOT IT.

So yeah, I'm kinda disappointed we got no monstrous foe to contend with. Mmm, Kai Leng was cool but he was just A boss, not the final boss. And ugh, guess Shepard wasn't in any condition to fight after the conduit thing but but... D:

I heard someone say the Illusive Man was the metaphorical "final boss" of the series. Really? How so? I hear it's because he comes at you with his intelligence instead of destructive brawn.

Really? A half-broken, will-broken guy you effortlessly convince to shoot himself by going Phoenix Wright on him? Seriously, Shepard's words were like a Fatality version of OBJECTION! to the Illusive Man's speech.

TIM couldn't have been the final boss, I deny any and all possibilities of it being that way.

Then a friend showed me a picture depicting a Reaper Brute-like creature which was supposedly gonna be the final boss. Apparently they had it planned to make it Saren-like: Convince the baddie to shoot himself, transform the corpse, play One-Winged-Angel.

But nope. Just getting TIM to shoot himself was enough for Bioware. :L

Why. D:
---
MMSF - Leo FC: 2664 7689 8101 MMSF2 - Zerker FC: 4125 0059 9928; MMSF3 - BA FC: 4082 3429 8705 - Pokemon Platinum FC: 2836 6253 7871
#2pubbiskPosted 4/29/2012 10:30:37 AM
I enjoyed reading.
---
If our common denominator gets any lower, it will create an improper fraction.
#3imjinxed13Posted 4/29/2012 10:50:31 AM
everyone knows the human reaper in 2 was a CONTRA boss... it always makes me laugh, and wish i had the spread gun... basically any gun from any Contra game makes Mass Effect weapons a joke...

i do agree there should have been another boss battle...
#4Twinrova225Posted 4/29/2012 11:10:55 AM
imjinxed13 posted...
everyone knows the human reaper in 2 was a CONTRA boss... it always makes me laugh, and wish i had the spread gun... basically any gun from any Contra game makes Mass Effect weapons a joke...

i do agree there should have been another boss battle...

If he was fought in an elevator and dropped timed mines across half the battlefield, then yes, he would've been. I can't believe I didn't catch that resemblance until now though.
---
"Cid is badass. He's old and still crackin'. He can fight underwater with a lit cigarette in his mouth. He drinks the goddamn tea." -Gaming_Mastery
#5imjinxed13Posted 4/29/2012 11:37:50 AM
the human reaper torso looks like this boss in Contra Hard Corps... boss is at 2:10...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFmapv8YZWw

it might even explode the same as the one in Mass Effect 2... hahahaha...
#6BlackSpyro_33(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 12:30:49 PM
D: Here's hoping you guys' summer's DLC adds something else than just a few extra scenes. I'd love to actually fight a final boss. You know, something where I'm forced to use Heavy Weapons in a dynamic manner- or maybe forced to use something other than Mattock to decimate everything in my way.

Cross fingers for a last minute new last boss addition? >.<
---
MMSF - Leo FC: 2664 7689 8101 MMSF2 - Zerker FC: 4125 0059 9928; MMSF3 - BA FC: 4082 3429 8705 - Pokemon Platinum FC: 2836 6253 7871
#7Just JoePosted 4/29/2012 1:04:58 PM
The problem with the idea of them adding a boss would mean that it would require them to change something in the ending, which unless they've changed their stance, isn't going to happen.

Harbringer? No, 'cause if you change that part, you either end up with a scripted fight that changes nothing and means they added that to avoid actually expanding the void of an ending.

M. Shields? God I hope not, but I suppose I could see it ("ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL!"), but if they do that, it should require Shep to be in a better condition than he was in at that point, otherwise you shouldn't win.

TIM? Meh. Well, I suppose he was a soldier at some point, but I think that scene ends the way it probably should, in a dialog-based confrontation.

Our "boss fight" was, unfortunately, getting those missiles launched.

---
~R.I.P. Reggie White #92~ NYY: 012 - 009
Mister, mister, have you seen my mad skills?? *proceeds to beat box furiously*- Dodavion 2000-2001.
#8BlackSpyro_33(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 1:14:02 PM
Yeah, I'm afraid no matter how you look at it, mutant TIM can't happen because of Shep's state post-conduit.

Wish Harbinger had at least given me the chance to give him the middle finger again after The Arrival, did that count as a boss fight?

Damn, I just want to take out my frustration that mostly all my War Assets ended up being pathetically overrun.

Maybe give a compact mini-nuke launcher to crippled Shepard?! That would open the way to an awesome battle O: Or a One Button Battle maybe...
---
#9thingta42Posted 4/29/2012 1:54:06 PM

Yeah, i loved the boss from ME2 it reminded me of figting a giant transformer

#10SmoboHashPosted 4/29/2012 1:55:52 PM
Marauder Shields wasn't enough for you? Entitled ****ing gamers these days.