I'm absolutly Heartbroken at the ending... (**SPOILERS**)

#1DoomInternPosted 4/29/2012 8:18:49 PM
I know there's thousands of threads like this, but.. but.. Why? Man, this really breaks me.

I had planned on playing through the trilogy a couple more times, but now that nothing I do will give it a happy ending I've got no feelings to ever pick this up again..
---
13F.
http://www.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/b/b/bb94b088aRYwR.png
#2timerider4Posted 4/29/2012 8:50:51 PM
Yup. Don't really feel like playing through it completely again.
I just let Shields kill me on my second run.
---
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman, on HL2 Ep.2's Little Rocket Man
#3CryptosperidiumPosted 4/29/2012 8:58:40 PM
Welcome to the club. Right now we're waiting to see if the EC will fix everything. (It won't)
---
Why do I even bother?
#4Insane_SharkPosted 4/29/2012 9:00:11 PM
I really think this was a blessing in a very clever disguise. There was such an uprising about it...we gamers have sent a clear message to the gaming companies that we are NOT to be jerked around.
#5sherlockemeryPosted 4/29/2012 9:09:28 PM
Not having a "happy" ending doesn't bother me. Heroic sacrifice = great ending.

On the other hand, having an illogical, haphazard & in no way "multiple" ending that was promised, does bother me.

It's almost like they are Obsidian on SW:KOTOR2. That was also a terrible ending.
---
A person's character is his destiny.
Anyway, I know I'm a cheating bastard!
#6JumalaccaPosted 4/29/2012 11:05:27 PM
Insane_Shark posted...
I really think this was a blessing in a very clever disguise. There was such an uprising about it...we gamers have sent a clear message to the gaming companies that we are NOT to be jerked around.

And gaming companies have responded by jerking us around. Artistic integrity has become the favourite term for journalists, and rest assured every game criticised for s***ty writing whatsoever will have artistic integrity to hide behind.

And because of this, the EC is going to suck hard (let's see, you didn't like the ending? How about we give you more of the exact same ending but dumbed down so casuals can hate it just as much).

And people will hate it and b**** and whine, but effectively the fight will have been kicked out of the protestors and there'll be a tiny uprising, and where the fence-sitters can currently be persuaded by pointing out everything wrong with the ending, after the EC they'll be swayed the other way with "what more do you want? Bioware changed the ending for you."

Screenshot this post, bust it out in six months.
---
http://youtu.be/kenbLJ7Q1yQ - Skyrim Shuffling Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiZws7ncoA - Thrillerborn Dance Vid
#7TenshouKairekiJinPosted 4/30/2012 3:30:29 AM
http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/5462/btfrtc.jpg
---
We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
The cheese of life is what turns the hamburger of life into the cheeseburger of life.
#8PlanescapedPosted 4/30/2012 6:31:54 AM
sherlockemery posted...
It's almost like they are LUCAS ARTS on SW:KOTOR2. That was also a terrible ending.

Fix'd
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#9some09guy IIPosted 4/30/2012 7:36:20 AM
I had planned on playing through the trilogy a couple more times, but now that nothing I do will give it a happy ending I've got no feelings to ever pick this up again..

And this is the exact reason why it ruins what comes before it. Though it hasn't been brought up in this thread, one of the frequent defenses of the game is that the journey is the reward. Only, after this ending, replay value is destroyed. All you want to do is walk away in disgust and the idea of replaying it, or even starting over from scratch, is nigh unthinkable.
#10MachEvolutionPosted 4/30/2012 12:36:26 PM

And this is the exact reason why it ruins what comes before it. Though it hasn't been brought up in this thread, one of the frequent defenses of the game is that the journey is the reward. Only, after this ending, replay value is destroyed. All you want to do is walk away in disgust and the idea of replaying it, or even starting over from scratch, is nigh unthinkable.

Exactly this people. Prior to ME3's release I was starting a new character in ME1 to experience things differently in the series, but after I finished ME3, I haven't been able to go back the play ME1 anymore. It's just lost all meaning if this is the way it ends. What's the point in trying to make the right decisions if everybody dies in the end anyways regardless of what decisions were made or events that happened?

Bioware managed to not just have a crappy ending, but and ending so bad it actually ruins the entire franchise. Everything that came before it, a series shaping up to be, in my mind at least, the Star Wars of video games, competely nullified.

I do want to go back and play ME1 and ME2 again and even most of ME3, but with the ending we got it just renders it all worthless.