Effective Geth Engineer build for Gold?

#1HaxnStashPosted 4/30/2012 11:51:04 AM
I have recently tried Geth Eng and it looks fun. But I think I made a mistake on my build.

I looked at the other old topics but they got a mixed response.

I thought Hunter mode isn't a big deal and it's distracting when I use it on my Gethfiltrator. So I didn't put anything on it at all.

I made my Turret a full defensive turret and it's great so I won't be making it offensive anytime soon.

I used Geth SMG but I don't think it's that good. I noticed that they can get 25% weight reduction in ARs and SRs so I thought of using either a m-98 widow III or Saber 1?

For the widow, is it useless to put an AP mod on it?

Should I drop their "fitness" ability and go for Hunter mode instead?

I mainly do GWG and basically anything in Silver.
#2SKA_Posted 4/30/2012 12:30:31 PM(edited)
WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT? hunter mode distracting yes, but not effective on your geth infiltrator? you sir need to stick to single player.

hunter mode is why geth infiltrators and engineers are so good.

use a black widow/valiant/GPS on the infiltrator and GPS on the engineer. hunter mode makes up for the hit to power recharge and makes you do outrageous damage with the GPS
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#3Mellow_RGPosted 4/30/2012 12:38:59 PM
Hunter Mode is risky with Geth Engineer
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#4ChazorePosted 4/30/2012 12:59:37 PM
Mellow_RG posted...
Hunter Mode is risky with Geth Engineer

Kinda depends on my opinion. If turret is fully shield specced and you don't stray to far from it, the continuing recharge of your turret should offset the decrease in shield strength. Players get shield gating anyway and as long as you duck when you need to duck it works fine
#5HaxnStash(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 1:09:34 PM(edited)
SKA_ posted...
WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT? hunter mode distracting yes, but not effective on your geth infiltrator? you sir need to stick to single player.

hunter mode is why geth infiltrators and engineers are so good.

use a black widow/valiant/GPS on the infiltrator and GPS on the engineer. hunter mode makes up for the hit to power recharge and makes you do outrageous damage with the GPS

lol you misunderstood :p (or I wasn't clear about it sry). I do use Hunter mode on my Gethfiltrator. I just said it's very distracting. I just have not touched it on my Eng :(.

I read on other topics before how it's not as important on Eng? I wasn't sure so I had to ask. I do have the GPS and I think it's around rank V now? Give or take 1 rank.

Sadly, I don't have a Black Widow or Valiant yet :( I've been unlucky so far. I do have the Harpoon at IX now >.>.

I have the Javelin (at 1). It has surprisingly low ammo. I decided to use the m-98 widow III since the damage difference I've seen isn't that huge I think.

If I do us the GPS, that means I don't have to take the last rank of whatever gives them 25% weight reduction on ARs and SRs.
#6KaMatePosted 4/30/2012 1:50:20 PM
If you spec the turret for shields and stick close to it it should make up for the hunter mode. Just don't put it out in the open it dies if someone looks at it funny ;) As far as weapon stats are concerned there's almost a 20% difference between a level 1 widow and level 1 javelin, it's all here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArNVjEsDluBFdF84WkZjc2ozQ2VrTUhkcFR2ZWc5bWc&output=html
I found it on some forum some time ago so I don't remember who posted it
#7KaMatePosted 4/30/2012 2:10:17 PM
Sorry about double posting but about the piercing mode: the widow and the javelin have only limited AP capability. While it's enough for bronze games, you'll notice is not so effective in silver challenges and it's basically useless on gold. If you've got a high level piercing mod then use it (preferably with the level 5 barrel mod), but if you have a low level mod (1 or 2) then you're probably better off with the ammo capacity mod (especially with low level widows or javelins, which have quite low reserve ammo capacity)
#8Mellow_RGPosted 4/30/2012 2:13:55 PM(edited)
Hunter Mode on Geth Engr doesn't work that well in practice on Gold, no matter how careful you are

Half shields means you'll die to a Cannibal barrage in 2 seconds, and Geth Hunters have too much firing range for comfort.

Even with see through vision, waves can spawn at the most unexpected spots.
---
So I heard you like Nyarlathotep
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkcvP758390
#9SKA_Posted 4/30/2012 3:20:46 PM
you must have little experience with gold. most people who actually play a fair amount of gold know how to use cover and know good places to take cover
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#10Mechwarrior 02Posted 4/30/2012 4:04:43 PM
I use Geth Engineer, one of my fav classes, great support. I only started gold matches this past weekend and did really well with it.

6 points in everything, threw Fitness out the door. Yeah 2-3 shots takes me to a sliver of health, but you're perfectly fine with a def spec'd turret.

Can I see myself foregoing Hunter mode? Comes in real handy against smoke screens, and I like to see what's around the corner.
I'm just not sure how much dmg is taken in Gold in general, even without Hunter Mode. I just assumed I would always have the defense of a wet paper bag, Geth character or otherwise.

I've actually started to drop fitness in all my character classes, especially those that are catered towards crowd control.
---
PSN: Arcjo
Stomping goombas, kicking turtle shells, and eating mushrooms since 1984