I don't get it, I like the Crusader...

#1rogueinspacePosted 5/3/2012 2:12:05 PM
Alright it's no Black Widow, but I've been performing just fine with the gun on Silver. Once I get to higher levels (recently promoted) I'll give it a whirl on Gold, hopefully some mods and equipment will make it worthwhile.

But essentially, I don't really see the hate surrounding the gun, it seems just fine to me. Plus it's an iron-sight sniper, which makes it cool to tote around.
---
Vidi, Vici, Veni
I saw, I conquered, I came
#2ChronoReversePosted 5/3/2012 2:31:13 PM

It's not a bad weapon per se.  It's just that if you're going to have a weapon as heavy as the Claymore AND you're going to make it hard to upgrade unlike the Claymore, then it needs more perks to bring it par.

You can shoot at long range with this but then you might as well use a real sniper rifle.

At any other range, the Claymore's higher power and shield gate avoidance makes it a much nicer weapon.

#3Mechwarrior 02Posted 5/3/2012 3:06:14 PM
Just placed 1st on a Silver match full of Gethfiltrators, using a crusader and Batarian Sent (0/6/6/6/6/6). I think it's best used on characters that don't rely on powers, cause that weight is killer.

The penetration is ridiculous on that thing, especially with pierce mod.
---
PSN: Arcjo
Stomping goombas, kicking turtle shells, and eating mushrooms since 1984
#4AliyenPosted 5/3/2012 3:08:15 PM
It doesn't bypass the shield gate (gold), like a Claymore will. That's its biggest downfall by far, for me.
#5DangaardPosted 5/3/2012 3:09:46 PM

Just placed 1st on a Silver match full of Gethfiltrators, using a crusader and Batarian Sent (0/6/6/6/6/6). I think it's best used on characters that don't rely on powers, cause that weight is killer.

The penetration is ridiculous on that thing, especially with pierce mod.

That does not reflect very well on the geth infiltrators considering the batarian sentinel is probably one of the worst classes in the game, if not the absolute worst o_o;;;
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#6SKA_Posted 5/3/2012 3:32:17 PM
i see your batarian sentinel and raise you a human adept
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#7someguyshandPosted 5/3/2012 3:39:03 PM
I raise you both a drell vanguard
---
(Insert Name) killed Some Guy
http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1187135/you-re-tearing-me-apart-lisa-o.gif
#8GamemakoPosted 5/3/2012 3:51:45 PM(edited)
I explained more fully in another thread why the Crusader is not worth using. Quoting myself from that thread,

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/995487-mass-effect-3/62710802/700353412

Gamemako posted...
Crusader isn't totally bad, it's just not worth using (1) at level 1 and (2) compared to better options (e.g. Paladin). In fact, the Paladin deals 20% more damage per shot, has a 25% higher ROF, weights 130% CD less, and has superior mods. Sole disadvantage is 3 rounds in a magazine instead of 4. Given that, using the Crusader isn't particularly wise.

Basically, it lacks the advantages of the better pistols (weight, fire rate) and sniper rifles (damage, scope) while also losing the advantages of a shotgun (largely avoiding shield damage-gating). It's not a bad weapon -- clearly preferable to the Eagle or Shuriken, for example -- but it is thoroughly inferior to the better weapons.

someguyshand posted...
I raise you both a drell vanguard

Yes, the Drellguard is the worst class in the game.
---
One can only wonder at how such idiocy invariably comes to power.
ESTIMATE THE CATACLYSM. CALCULATE THE APOCALYPSE.
#9DuneManPosted 5/3/2012 3:54:02 PM
SKA_ posted...
i see your batarian sentinel and raise you a human adept

I gotta agree with the guy who mentioned the Drell Vanguard.

Human Adepts aren't too bad if you spec Shockwave for width, range, and recharge so that you can always set off your own Biotic Explosions. Anything with exposed HP is fodder for Singularity -> Warp combos. You can also preset Singularity on an enemy with a bit of shields left, then launch a Warp once you break their shields.

They're overshadowed by Asari, to be sure, but still fun and viable.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#10JumalaccaPosted 5/3/2012 8:03:14 PM
No offense intended to either TC or the Bat Sentinel as I can see where you're coming from, but when talking balance, Gold is the only difficulty to take into consideration. You can do well in Bronze and Silver with a Bat Sentinel using an N7 Eagle, but it doesn't make that setup good. I used to dominate Silver on my Quarian Infiltrator with a Mantis, but that doesn't change the fact that Mantis has the lowest sustained damage output in the game.

As said already, the Crusader lacks shield gating, which can be a pretty big thing on Gold. There are better guns for long range, and there are better guns for short range.

If you can use it and use it well, more power to you, I say go for it. Just keep in mind that you'd probably do better if you were using another weapon.
---
http://youtu.be/kenbLJ7Q1yQ - Skyrim Shuffling Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiZws7ncoA - Thrillerborn Dance Vid