How would you tweak MP?

#1JumalaccaPosted 5/4/2012 6:26:17 AM(edited)
Title. Here would be my proposed tweaks to make MP more balanced/unique:

Weapon tweaks. General rule of thumb is, the heavier it is, the harder it hits (to create a better balance between power classes and shooter classes).
Weaker weapons (pistols, SMGs) should be light as anything and able to maintain 200% recharge speed easily, and are only used to buffer power usage/apply ammo debuffs.
Heavier weapons should completely decimate enemies, with the limitations that you have to be close (shotguns) or stay out of cover for longer periods of time (Revenant/other assault rifles).
Having pistols with Sniper Rifle stats (Paladin), SMG stats (Eagle) and Shotgun stats (Talon) or shotguns with sniper stats (Crusader) and AR stats (Striker) is a joke that I would remove straight away, and allow different weapon types to remain different weapon types.
ARs would be automatic weapons with varying recoil, firing rates and damage (Vindicator would have its damage buffed slightly and Mattock would remain as is).
Snipers would remain largely unchanged, maybe just balance tweaks to have them more in line with each other.
SMGs would be fast firing and weak, recoil, firing rate and damage varying. Would fix ULM so every class can use an SMG sidearm.
Pistols would be fast (slower than SMGs) and accurate (more accurate than SMGs), damage and firing rate varying. Weight would be much lighter than current.

On top of that, I would add racial bonuses for weapons/power speed. It's ridiculous that a giant Krogan Battlemaster gets the same recoil from a weapon as a tiny little Quarian. I'd set it like this:

Humans gets average-across-the-board stats.
Quarians get faster movement speed/evasion and higher accuracy, but more recoil (shields are already lower).
Salarians, Drell and Asari get boosts to recharge speed that are separate to the 200% PCD.
Asari get a damage buff to pistols SMGs/Pistols.
Justicars get an AR weight capacity buff (as they already do).
Drell are faster and get an AR damage buff.
Salarians are more accurate but have recoil penalties (only slight, not firing at the roof in two shots). Bigger sniper rifle weight capacity buff so they can snipe and use powers effectively (mainly affects Engineers). Their weight penalty would be 3/4s any other class with the same sniper.
Turians are more accurate and less recoil. They get an AR damage buff and weight capacity increase.
Krogan are less accurate but no/very little recoil. They also get an accuracy buff for shotguns and a weight capacity increase. Would also fix rage for Vanguards.
Geth would be as fast as Drell (with Hunter Mode on) but otherwise remain as they are.
All classes with specific weapon buffs would have alternate weapon buffs to suit more playstyles (eg. AR weight capacity buff OR pistol damage buff, etc.)

Then I'd buff different class strengths a little more. Adrenaline Rush would get a huge buff, Tech Armour's max enemy limit would be removed, Frag Grenade would one-shot enemies that spawned without shields/armour (ie basic troops) and Warp would have its damage increase removed and replaced with a damage reduction to enemy attacks (ie make it easier for priming).

Next thing I would do is swap the droprates of cards and weapons. Cards would have a 35% droprate in SPs, which would make unlocking characters and vanity choices harder but maxing weapons easier. This would also double the chance of getting ultra rares (as their percentage is based off weapon drop percentage).
---
http://youtu.be/kenbLJ7Q1yQ - Skyrim Shuffling Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiZws7ncoA - Thrillerborn Dance Vid
#2Jumalacca(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 6:32:22 AM(edited)
Finally, I'd alter the store slightly.
Victory packs would actually be worth something (probably double the contents of a Jumbo Equipment Pack, or maybe a small chance at unlocking weapons).
Equipment Packs (20k) and Jumbo Equipment Packs (35k) would always be available.
Commendation Packs would be harder to obtain, but offered far more often (weekly). It would be cyclical, so the first week would be a "bronze-level" challenge (eg. 3 waves survived medal, earn a full extraction, win a match, etc.), the second week would be Silver (mid-range objectives, hard but still doable for most players), the third would be Gold (Nightmare challenges, eg Gold Reapers on Reactor), then it would go back to Bronze, etc. This allows extremely casual players to still get a Commendation Pack at least once every three weeks, regular players to get 2 every 3 weeks, and pros to get 3 every 3 weeks. The challenges won't be easy like promoting two characters (except the Bronze-level ones), they'll be more like earning "10 Waves Survived" medals (for Silver level challenges), don't want it too hard or disabling consumables for the match (and yes, Gold Reapers is doable without consumables with the right setup). They might also have requirements like specific map/enemy to stop players using GWG, etc. One might be a hack objective every round (which will supply a credit boost, maybe 2X the normal amount if completed) to force players to defend certain areas.
Ultimately, Commendation Packs will range from easy to obtain for everyone, and hard to obtain for the more dedicated players, but will be offered far more regularly than they are now.

What would you do to change MP?

Edit: This isn't a b****ing about MP topic, either. This is just a topic to get your creative juices flowing and post ideas of how you would tweak things.
---
http://youtu.be/kenbLJ7Q1yQ - Skyrim Shuffling Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiZws7ncoA - Thrillerborn Dance Vid
#3sherlockemeryPosted 5/4/2012 10:58:35 AM
I want to be able to frag my team mates.

Yeah, I'm a Jerk. But sometimes they just do things that will kill us all. That is when fragging is justified. Otherwise I wouldn't do it.
---
A person's character is his destiny.
Anyway, I know I'm a cheating bastard!
#4HobospartanPosted 5/4/2012 11:27:33 AM
I'd add text chat
---
Go out there, and give them hell, you were born to do this
#5DuneManPosted 5/4/2012 11:42:14 AM
Without taking up too much room:

*each species would have some unique passives, such as all of the current rank 6 weapon type weight reductions being made passive, or Krogans getting additional accuracy and weight reduction for weapons geared toward them: like the Claymore, etc.

*if they're going to hand out a bajillion character cards, then they should be queued up for the next time you promote that class; e.g. say you have 3 +100,000 XP cards in the queue, the next time you promote that class they would be instantly applied to start that class at a higher level

*in regards to Victory packs, I had the idea of receiving multiple packs for each time the community hit the goal within the promotional period, so if we need to beat 1 million of an enemy but beat 4 million then everyone gets 4 Victory packs as a reward for aggressively pursuing the goal

*and of course fix the broken things like Ultralight Mats on most SMGs, or the Kroguard having a half-functional Rage
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#6BlackmonPosted 5/4/2012 11:52:10 AM
For operations, give you extra (harder) optional conditions to obtain additional commendation pack aside from the normal condition. Like say, never die for 11 waves, or never use a med pack for the entire 11 waves etc. Some conditions that are hard to get but easy enough if you know what you're doing or got a decent team.

Also, additional benefits or abilities that are only available if there are certain class or species combinations in a mission like say increased damage if there are 2 or more geths in the team, if there are 4 geths, you get a huge boost in damage as opposed to having just 2 or 3. etc.
---
Http://www.Blackmon.com/
#7EbonGrayPrincePosted 5/4/2012 2:47:08 PM
Being able to see connection strength in the lobby.

Being able to see who is talking in-game.

Being able to vote kick scrubs in-game who join wave 1 and go afk for easy creds.

Get rid of the vanguard death glitch (seriously, it STILL hasn't been fixed, what the hell)

Fix the clipping issues when shooting next to a wall only to have your shots not register (huge issue when using a sniper with a low ammo count--those bullets are important)

^ To a lesser extent, shooting around a Decoy. They seem to have a 1-3 inch field around them that doesn't allow teammates' bullets to pass through.
---
"Embrace your destruction... It is the fate of all things... I will create a monument to nonexistence!" -Kefka Palazzo
Steam/Origin: EbonGrayPrince
#8timerider4Posted 5/4/2012 2:51:40 PM
Hobospartan posted...
I'd add text chat

THIS.

And showing the bleedout timer to everyone. I don't understand why they don't do this already.
---
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman, on HL2 Ep.2's Little Rocket Man
#9The_tall_midgetPosted 5/4/2012 3:06:12 PM
Remove biotic charge.
---
When you're not sure if you want to go to a family gathering, ask yourself this : would you hang out with these people if you weren't related?
#10timerider4Posted 5/4/2012 3:21:00 PM
EbonGrayPrince posted...
Being able to see connection strength in the lobby.

Being able to see who is talking in-game.

Being able to vote kick scrubs in-game who join wave 1 and go afk for easy creds.

Get rid of the vanguard death glitch (seriously, it STILL hasn't been fixed, what the hell)

Fix the clipping issues when shooting next to a wall only to have your shots not register (huge issue when using a sniper with a low ammo count--those bullets are important)

^ To a lesser extent, shooting around a Decoy. They seem to have a 1-3 inch field around them that doesn't allow teammates' bullets to pass through.

Don't forget the Reave sound.
I have more problems with friendly turrets blocking shots than decoy. Sometimes I can shoot through decoys and sometimes not, but turrets seem to block almost everything.
---
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman, on HL2 Ep.2's Little Rocket Man