Ending bug? Troubleshooting help? *SPOILERS*

#1Trillah85Posted 5/6/2012 6:19:59 PM
I'm hoping somebody can help me out or tell me if this is the way the game is designed...

I have a PC copy of the game. First play through saved right after final Cerberus mission. Didn't know that the ending would be affected via multiplayer so entered the final battle with 5312 strength and 50% readiness. Got the destroy reapers ending and whatever- commander's dead.

I do research, find out that 4000+ EMS will give you the extra cut scene where LOL MAYBE HES ALIVE. I spend a couple hours grinding up galactic readiness. I have 79% total readiness- so 4196 effective score. Please note, I check these numbers directly from my console in the saved game that I load.

I play the last reaper mission. When I get to the end- I blow up the conduit. I do NOT get the extra scene with the commander living. I assume I have a bug. I reload the mission, I go back through the end scenes, I do not even have the OPTION to synthesize with 4000+ ems

Has anybody experienced this? Why am I not able to get these different endings after increasing my EMS?
#2hunter71485Posted 5/6/2012 6:23:45 PM
afaik the 4k ems only works if you've convinced the illusive man to kill himself ( final paragon or renegade choice)
#3JumalaccaPosted 5/6/2012 9:46:49 PM
Trillah85 posted...
I play the last reaper mission.

That's your problem right there. You have to load it up from the point of no return (Cerberus mission). When you finish the game it reverts back to the PoNR, so just load up that file and go from there. That's where EMS is calculated.

Also, you have to 'save' Anderson (either talk TIM down or shoot him before he shoots Anderson).
---
http://youtu.be/kenbLJ7Q1yQ - Skyrim Shuffling Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADiZws7ncoA - Thrillerborn Dance Vid
#4Trillah85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 2:53:48 PM
Thank you for the assistance. I loaded from the last Cerberus mission and had no issues. Cheers!
#5FaintfallPosted 5/9/2012 3:13:40 PM
I talked TIM down and still looked like Anderson died. Is that based on EMS, too?
---
Farewell, my shadow. You, who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.
#6GamemakoPosted 5/9/2012 3:20:32 PM
Faintfall posted...
I talked TIM down and still looked like Anderson died. Is that based on EMS, too?

Anderson always dies. You shot him, remember?
---
One can only wonder at how such idiocy invariably comes to power.
ESTIMATE THE CATACLYSM. CALCULATE THE APOCALYPSE.