Operation Shieldwall

#1KuroFenikkusuPosted 5/23/2012 3:30:45 PM
This is another crappy "promote" weekend. Easy enough I guess, but the only thing interesting about it is the mention that Banshees might spawn with other enemies. So I'm guessing people farming FBW will be in for some rude surprises this weekend. Sounds fun.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/23/operation-shieldwall/#more-4591
---
There is no you. There is only me.
#2KuroFenikkusu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/23/2012 3:32:36 PM
haha this is probably bioware telling gold farmers to help out with the operations next time. I can't wait to hear the conversations on Noveria this weekend. Banshees + Phantoms will be an absolute nightmare though.
---
There is no you. There is only me.
#3GamemakoPosted 5/23/2012 3:54:40 PM
Yep, not helping. Not going to promote a single character. Will not happen. Doing so would ruin my ability to get 900 EMS again.
---
One can only wonder at how such idiocy invariably comes to power.
ESTIMATE THE CATACLYSM. CALCULATE THE APOCALYPSE.
#4DangaardPosted 5/23/2012 4:04:51 PM
funny thing is, banshess are hilarious to play against on firebase white because they get stuck on the corner of the console :P
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#5DuneManPosted 5/23/2012 4:32:18 PM
Or the balcony. Either way though, spend too much time looking at them and a Phantom or Hunter will take you down. XD
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#6timerider4Posted 5/23/2012 4:32:38 PM
Gamemako posted...
Yep, not helping. Not going to promote a single character. Will not happen. Doing so would ruin my ability to get 900 EMS again.

You doing that again for the extended cut?
---
"...Everytime I do it now I imagine the gnome screaming 'THE GNOME DOES NOT LIKE TO BE TOUCHED.'" - themagicpainman, on HL2 Ep.2's Little Rocket Man
#7hunter71485Posted 5/23/2012 5:02:38 PM
Hmm... Already have 1 promotable squad,, 2 level 19s... I'll just have to farm today and be done by the time the event goes live.

It does still count right?
#8HaroukiPosted 5/23/2012 5:08:03 PM
hunter71485 posted...
Hmm... Already have 1 promotable squad,, 2 level 19s... I'll just have to farm today and be done by the time the event goes live.

It does still count right?

NO!

It only counts IF you promote DURING the event. So DO NOT promote them until the 25th and not until you get the pop up that says the event has started

FEAR THE CAPS
---
Bring on Super Robot Taisen Z2-2
#9MachEvolutionPosted 5/23/2012 5:22:50 PM
I noticed they said that now Victory Packs would have a high chance of containing a rare weapon. Maybe they finally realized nobody cares about Victory packs.

I've got all classes at 20, but I don't think I'll be playing this game anymore. Maybe when the new DLC comes out I'll play again, but only if the DLC is free.
#10hunter71485Posted 5/23/2012 6:33:47 PM
Harouki posted...

It only counts IF you promote DURING the event. So DO NOT promote them until the 25th and not until you get the pop up that says the event has started

That's what I meant. I was wondering if maybe Biodevs have decreed people should level up their classes to 20 and then promote DURING the event, not the prepared ones that then goes to play Diablo 3 after having done so.