These new permanent equipments have got to be the most uncommon of uncommons

#1DangaardPosted 6/4/2012 6:27:59 PM
and the rarest of rares without being ultra rare. I've switched from buying PSPs to Veteran packs, and I average about 1 equipment drop in 10 Veteran packs. On the plus side, I've never actually maxed out my medi-gel until now :P
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#2SKA_Posted 6/4/2012 7:01:51 PM
i hover around 150 missiles and medi gels, and i have only 3 of the equipment packs. i really really really hate random drop mechanics. i have my reeger and krywhatever maxed and only have the careguard (with max appearance options) and male quarian engineer so far. cant have fun with the new classes when the game refuses to give them to me
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#3ZBeeblebrox42Posted 6/4/2012 7:19:13 PM
I'm pretty sure these gear upgrades come in a different "slot" in the packs than weapons or character cards, which is why they're still difficult for you even though you've maxed your weapons. They come in the same slot as normal weapon mods, as far as I've been able to tell. So in a PSP, that's the third slot, I think. As I still haven't even quite maxed all my normal weapon mods, I don't know what else has a chance to drop there aside from these gear upgrades.

And in a Veteran pack, I'm pretty sure you can get a regular one-time-use equipment item in the same spot where the permanent equipment pieces would drop. I tried buying several Vet packs to unlock these, but it seems counterproductive. I think you're more likely to get them in PSPs, and keep your chance at ultra rares besides.
#4DuneManPosted 6/4/2012 8:06:35 PM
I've been purchasing regular Spectre packs myself. Most of the one-bonus gear items are Uncommon, while most or all of the double-bonus gear items are Rare. Regular Spectre packs seem to have a very high chance of giving you one of the Uncommons that you need. When they don't, you still get a lot of level III equipment to speed up gameplay.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#5jichino12Posted 6/4/2012 8:27:07 PM
What i just hate is that i got all the new rebellion pack guns maxed out and i HAVE(not all of them maxed out) all the other guns(except, suprisingly, mattock!), but no matter how many pack i buy i just cant get ANY of the new classes, i even got all the older classes trying to get the new ones
---
ALL DELETE
#6Dangaard(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 8:31:28 PM
DuneMan posted...
I've been purchasing regular Spectre packs myself. Most of the one-bonus gear items are Uncommon, while most or all of the double-bonus gear items are Rare. Regular Spectre packs seem to have a very high chance of giving you one of the Uncommons that you need. When they don't, you still get a lot of level III equipment to speed up gameplay.

I'll try this out. I didn't have much luck with premium spectre packs in getting bonus gear, and my veteran pack binging has been rather underwhelming. And like you said, at least I'll get level III equipment instead of the semi useful level II gear I keep getting.
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#7Dangaard(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 9:40:12 PM
lol I think I'm being trolled. First 2 Spectre Packs, 2 rare equipments.
---
#8KirynTheClericPosted 6/5/2012 9:41:32 PM
Bioware seriously needs to fix the random drop mechanics to "once you max out X you can never get it again"... Of course, that would cut into EA's profits with the real money part of buying packs, so I'd be willing to bet we'd never see that kind of fix...
---
Mods saying pokemon reproduction topics aren't related to the game is like saying theory-talk isn't allowed, and yet theory-talk IS allowed. Hmm, go figure...
#9SKA_Posted 6/5/2012 10:02:26 PM
i just think all classes should automatically be unlocked and finding cards should add exp and appearance options. i cant enjoy the new classes when the game refuses to give them to me. i still have only 2 of the 6 new classes
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#10Dangaard(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2012 10:17:38 PM
So it seem normal spectre packs are the way to go for these equipments. No joke, every single spectre pack I've opened has contained a gear bonus.
---