Gear bonus?

#1kroonermanblackPosted 6/18/2012 7:28:11 PM
So, I'm not entirely clear on the bonus gear you get occasionally. I thought it was one time use just like the other items you get, but I threw one on for a round and it's still there?

Is it a forever item, like a regular gun etc.? Or is it a '5 battles and gone' type thing?
#2DangaardPosted 6/18/2012 7:50:01 PM
Permanent and interchangeable. All of the double bonus ones are rare, all the single ones except for grenade capacity (rare) are uncommon. Each one upgradable to V.
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#3Brendar1288Posted 6/18/2012 7:55:28 PM
They made the gears as a way to answer the complaints about consumable items being wasted in failed matches.
---
Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.
#4Delta123456789Posted 6/19/2012 2:18:12 AM
On the equipment screen you have 3 slots for consumable equipment that only lasts for one match, and now a 4th gear slot that gives a permanent bonus and can be swapped out.
---
"An RTFM error has occurred. Please try again later"
- Me
#5SKA_Posted 6/19/2012 4:08:59 AM
you lied to me dangaard, i bought like 20 spectre packs and got only 2 bonus gears.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#6DoctorEggmanPosted 6/19/2012 7:34:24 AM
SKA_ posted...
you lied to me dangaard, i bought like 20 spectre packs and got only 2 bonus gears.

I have like 6 gears (upgraded 2 of them) after 10 premium packs. Guess its just your luck.
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!
#7Delta123456789Posted 6/19/2012 11:32:45 AM
SKA_ posted...

He just told you what happened to him and the (incorrect) conclusion he drew from it. It's your own fault for assuming they changed the drop formula solely on the basis of only one person's experiences.
---
"An RTFM error has occurred. Please try again later"
- Me
#8DangaardPosted 6/19/2012 12:59:39 PM

That's about the rate that I'm getting now too =_= When the gear was first released I was seriously getting a gear bonus at least 50% of the time from spectre packs. I'm still buying just spectre packs though since they give a chance at getting both the uncommon and rare gear bonuses, whereas veteran is pretty much only uncommon and PSP is pretty much only rare. Plus I've actually gotten a surprising number of ultra rares from my constant spectre pack purchases.
---
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.
#9BanhatPosted 6/19/2012 1:10:27 PM
Dangaard posted...

I'm still buying just spectre packs though since they give a chance at getting both the uncommon and rare gear bonuses, whereas veteran is pretty much only uncommon and PSP is pretty much only rare.

I've been finding rare gears from veterans (can't wait till I finish up the last of the uncommon weapons/mods -.-), but you're right, it's exceedingly rare to find them in there.
#10DangaardPosted 6/19/2012 5:47:51 PM
I'd say the rate I get them from spectre packs is somewhere around 1 gear upgrade every 5-8 packs, and I get an ultra rare every 10-12 packs. I'll most likely max out all my rare gear first, and then I'll have quite a few uncommon gears to unlock still. I'll probably experiment with veteran packs for those, although I didn't have much luck with them last time I binged on veteran packs. Plus I get 0 chance of ultra rares on vet packs.
---