Bioware: Beyond Childish

#1Jared SolPosted 6/27/2012 4:22:42 AM
So, in response to the fan backlash, Bioware decided to literally take fancanon and make it an ending: Refusal.

Here's the original Refusal ending, as written by a random deviantarter. http://arkis.deviantart.com/art/Mass-Effect-3-Alternate-Endings-SPOILERS-289902125

Lots of people read that ending, and thought "yes, this is how ME3 should have ended." I remember reading numerous variants on that across message boards where, if your EMS was low enough to fail, you would cut to the future and see a Liara beacon, implying hope was still alive.

Along comes the extended cut, and I'm told Refusal is now an option. Excitedly, I sit and watch as the above script plays out, even down to the star child saying "So be it" and storming off. Except, there IS no EMS check. There is no possibility of gambling it all to win without compromise. All you get is the single worst ending in the game. And the reason why they only took the bad ending? Just to give a massive middle finger to anyone who dared criticise the original tricoloured ending.

Jesus CHRIST, I mean if you're going to outright take what fans are telling you to make into an ending and make it official, why only go half way as a childish "screw you entitled people?" This just defies all logic. I'm speechless. It's one thing to go ahead and give closure to your convoluted copies of the original Deus Ex endings, only with super happy space magic. It's entirely another to do so and THEN give fans a corrupted "what they wanted."
---
[~The Gentleman~]
Currently: Violently Indifferent
#2Zero_SnipePosted 6/27/2012 4:48:02 AM
Yeah, I saw that too. They just twisted that fan ending into a a giant troll face. But I was kind of amused because I'm already past caring.
#3truekainPosted 6/27/2012 5:21:15 AM
My thanks TC, I couldn't find this fanfic yesterday and I got similar feeling to your own watching the new ending.

For me, the Refuse ending was the final insult, I'm packing my toys and leaving the once great developer that was Bioware, now content with lying to it's fans, disappointing them and worst of all, subjecting them to this kind of arrogance and FU treatment.
---
A good elf is a dead elf.
#4BusardPosted 6/27/2012 7:22:58 AM
There is also that:
Shepard: blah blah blah, we might as well be machines.
Before EC: You have hope. More than you think.
With EC: You have choice. More than you deserve.
#5BonnabinTheDirePosted 6/27/2012 7:47:59 AM
yeah this is a fan service, it's obviously they didn't really want to do this, still don't know exactly what they wanted from their ending, and released this hoping it'd shut people up.
---
All I want is to be a happy man.
#6KitanishiPosted 6/27/2012 8:02:48 AM
BonnabinTheDire posted...
yeah this is a fan service, it's obviously they didn't really want to do this, still don't know exactly what they wanted from their ending, and released this hoping it'd shut people up.

FANSERVICE?

This is opposite of fanservice.

its biwoare showing a middle finger in our faces for "daring" to criticize their mediocrity or IMPLYING that their endings suck.
#7BonnabinTheDirePosted 6/27/2012 8:05:28 AM
Kitanishi posted...
FANSERVICE?

its biwoare showing a middle finger in our faces for "daring" to criticize their mediocrity or IMPLYING that their endings suck.

go to the bioware forums, a lot of people who still lick bioware's manure covered boots seem to think bringing the refusal ending from a bioware social poll into the game is the greatest thing ever.
---
#8DestinPosted 6/27/2012 8:18:57 AM
i liked it. not that i like choosing it but i like that people who refuse to choose anything get an option to see how stupid not choosing anything is.

you're sitting in front of a bomb, the time is ticking, red wire, blue wire, green wire. yea the crazy guy who set it up is telling you all kinds of strange stuff but when the clock hits one second you cut a damn wire and hope for the best. you sit there and do nothing you get blown up, that's what they deserve.
---
Destin the Valiant
#9BonnabinTheDirePosted 6/27/2012 8:23:51 AM
Destin posted...
i liked it. not that i like choosing it but i like that people who refuse to choose anything get an option to see how stupid not choosing anything is.

you're sitting in front of a bomb, the time is ticking, red wire, blue wire, green wire. yea the crazy guy who set it up is telling you all kinds of strange stuff but when the clock hits one second you cut a damn wire and hope for the best. you sit there and do nothing you get blown up, that's what they deserve.

except everything still works out in the end, which is why it's lame.
---
#10KitanishiPosted 6/27/2012 8:59:07 AM
BonnabinTheDire posted...
Kitanishi posted...
FANSERVICE?

go to the bioware forums, a lot of people who still lick bioware's manure covered boots seem to think bringing the refusal ending from a bioware social poll into the game is the greatest thing ever.

The original idea was great.

If you have maximum EMS, you win with heavy losses without being subjugated to illogical space magic of bioware-s creationist propaganda.