XD @ watching my sister play ME3 (she's 26) ** spoilers **

#1Icehound2Posted 12/8/2012 12:23:43 AM
She just came back from college for the break, and she hooks up her XBox to my television where my PS3 is. I come in last night and see she's already up to the part where Cerberus takes over the Citadel with Udina as their puppet. I see her get off the shuttle in the beginning and whip out her Avenger I.

Me: "Um...why are you using an Avenger this late into the game...?"
Her: "Pfft, I don't care about guns."
Me: "...you're playing as a Soldier!"
Her: "Shut up and stop telling me how to play!"

She then proceeds to take the next 10 seconds to shoot out a shield generator at point blank range. I felt bad for pissing her off, but I could not stop laughing.
---
M4A78T-E | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.21 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 (4 x 4GB) RAM | GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024 MB
#2some09guy IIPosted 12/8/2012 2:34:49 AM
You'd be impressed how stupid people can get with games. I have a cousin who didn't know Shepard could survive ME2 until I told him.
#3mkprovincePosted 12/8/2012 3:00:07 AM
Icehound, it's not your sister being stupid or anything. She's on a break and I don't think she would really want to get stuck in front of the screen contemplating which gun to bring out for the next mission or whatnots that can use up too much time. Learning has already been too much of a burden on the brain for some and gaming shouldn't push another load on her mentality. Ease off on her, would you.
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
#4some09guy IIPosted 12/8/2012 3:08:27 AM
mkprovince posted...
Icehound, it's not your sister being stupid or anything. She's on a break and I don't think she would really want to get stuck in front of the screen contemplating which gun to bring out for the next mission or whatnots that can use up too much time. Learning has already been too much of a burden on the brain for some and gaming shouldn't push another load on her mentality. Ease off on her, would you.

...is this sarcasm?
#5mkprovincePosted 12/8/2012 3:19:12 AM
some09guy II posted...

...is this sarcasm?

Would love to know how this come to be sarcasm.
---
I just changed my personal arsenal to fifteen Metal Gear Ray...... And I'm looking for a target. Who wants to be one? You?
#6Delta123456789Posted 12/8/2012 3:58:30 AM
mkprovince posted...
some09guy II posted...

...is this sarcasm?

I think it's just your phrasing. I'd avoid expressions like "learning is a burden on the brain" since it's open to being interpreted as patronising/condecending - someone might feel you are implying they are struggling, implying learning is a tough challenge for them and that they lack mental resources.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#7mkprovincePosted 12/8/2012 4:12:09 AM
Delta123456789 posted...

I think it's just your phrasing. I'd avoid expressions like "learning is a burden on the brain" since it's open to being interpreted as patronising/condecending - someone might feel you are implying they are struggling, implying learning is a tough challenge for them and that they lack mental resources.

*chuckle*
Is this what people nowadays think of that phrase? My bad. Still, kind of sad to know that the general population starts to see the negative sides more in everything.
---
#8ArkhamEscapeePosted 12/8/2012 7:04:28 AM
some09guy II posted...
You'd be impressed how stupid people can get with games. I have a cousin who didn't know Shepard could survive ME2 until I told him.

I...how? I mean, getting Shepard killed in ME2 is something you pretty much have to go out of your way to do. I mean, keeping everyone alive is easier than getting Shepard killed. Then again, I've got a good friend who didn't realize that you could play as a Shepard who wasn't a soldier and didn't look like Sheploo until after he'd beaten ME3 for the first time, so...
---
PSN Agnol117
http://agnolsfiction.tumblr.com/ <-- My fiction blog
#9some09guy IIPosted 12/8/2012 9:43:35 AM
mkprovince posted...
some09guy II posted...

...is this sarcasm?

Phrasing, stupidity. If someone doesn't want to make any choices or perform any management while playing a game, why would they choose a game when such a thing is the basics? Would be like saying, "I'm in the mood for something simple and easy. Which Total War game do I feel like playing today?"

ArkhamEscapee posted...
I...how?

Skipped half or more of the loyalty missions (along with every side mission excepting one or two) then made extremely poor choices. If I remember right he had Thane in the vents, a disloyal Jacob leading, a disloyal Garrus leading, a disloyal Grunt taking the crew back, Miranda on the bubble, and no Zaeed or Kasumi DLC. I know he also took at least two losses in the opening area.

Then again, I've got a good friend who didn't realize that you could play as a Shepard who wasn't a soldier and didn't look like Sheploo until after he'd beaten ME3 for the first time, so...

There you go.
#10Delta123456789Posted 12/8/2012 1:15:27 PM
some09guy II posted...
Skipped half or more of the loyalty missions (along with every side mission excepting one or two) then made extremely poor choices. If I remember right he had Thane in the vents, a disloyal Jacob leading, a disloyal Garrus leading, a disloyal Grunt taking the crew back, Miranda on the bubble, and no Zaeed or Kasumi DLC. I know he also took at least two losses in the opening area.

I put Thane in the vents because I focussed on the "dangerous mission going through vents" part of the briefing ("Sounds like a job for my sneaky, terminally-ill assassin!") rather than the "tech skills to open a door part". Suffice it to say he croaked.

I think it's easy to make bad team decisions if you don't think things through (like remembering Zaeed is tough but not a team player/leader), and I guess sidequests and ship parts are easy to overlook if you focus on the next priority mission. That said the requirements for a Shep death are pretty tough to meet - you'd pretty much have to make every choice wrong as well as missing all the sidequests.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.