Krogan Soldier build

#1Icehound2Posted 12/9/2012 10:58:34 PM
Okay I used to just like smashing things around with my fists with my KroSoldier, but this time around I think I might center his build around his fire explosions I keep hearing people rave about. Suggestions on the build? I'm tossed between going defense on Fortification or power. Since I'm a suicidal maniac with Krogan I'll probably go the defense route...
---
M4A78T-E | AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.21 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 (4 x 4GB) RAM | GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024 MB
#2Delta123456789Posted 12/10/2012 2:28:40 AM
I'd suggest 6/3/6/5/6 or 6/3/6/6/5 (3 is in Carnage)

If you spec fitness for defence you'll be pretty tough already, so I'd go for the cooldown reduction on Fortification (I normally get the shield regen boost over power damage but it's up to you). This way you can bring a heavier weapon and still get regular explosions when you need to push out damage. Spec Carnage and Incendiary grenades for for damage (radius/extra grenade options aren't that great).

I'd use Warfighter Pack gear (boosts assault rifle damage and extra grenades) and bring a mid-to-heavy-weight assault rifle, ideally the Harrier (as you'll be going to ammo packs a lot).

Grenade-primed explosions are your main source of damage, so I'd avoid playing in groups with multiple grenade users.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#3truekainPosted 12/10/2012 3:33:38 AM(edited)
I would personally suggest 6/6/6/5/3, the power of Biotic and Tech explosions ( Fire Explosions are the latter ) is based solely on the level of the powers used as primers and detonators ( in Kroldier's case Inf nade and Carnage ), so if you want the strongest explosions,you want to max them.

The full build would be:

Fortification; Damage resist, Power damage, Damage resist
Carnage: Damage, Recharge rate, Damage
Inferno Grenade: Damage, Damage, Radius
Krogan passive: Power damage and weight, Power damage
Fitness: First three

With this buld you get max damage out of your Inferno Grenades and Explosions while Korgan's base high health and shields coupled with maxed Fortification gives very solid survivability, suggested weapons would be the GPS ( only on host though ), Harrier ( or Mattock if you don't mind the constant clicking ) or Talon.

As for equipment, Grenade Capacity V if the map is nade rich ( as in two nades per crate ) or if you don't mind using thermal clip pack ( which you shouldn't, most people have tons of these and they are best used on nade heavy classes with nade capacity gear ), eventually a warfighter or shock trooper package, but keep in mind less grenades means gimping the class by a great deal.

You can slap on Power Amplifier for even more crazy Inferno Nade damage or a Cyclonic if you're not satisfied with survivability.
---
A good elf is a dead elf.
#4Delta123456789Posted 12/10/2012 4:00:34 AM
I'm not sure of precise numbers but I got the impression (I think from something Gamemako said) that leaving carnage at 3 will still give about 80% of the fire explosion damage, in which case it's not a huge loss if you don't max it. Personal preference I guess.

Also, wouldn't armour damage at level 6 give inferno grenades considerably better damage? All the strongest enemies are armoured so +50% to them is a big boost (though admittedly you won't have much radius if you spec for pure damage).
---
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#5truekainPosted 12/10/2012 4:50:29 AM
Th numbers are something like that, but like you said, personal preference, I'm used to playing squishy classes like an asari adept on gold, so for me an over 1000 Hp Krogan with 40% DR is extremely beefy therefore I prefer to max out my explosions, Going lower level Carnage is most definitely viable.

Concerning nades, I personally find they do more then enough damage already, anything baring the beefiest bosses will die in two tosses max, esp coupled with fire explosions, while the extra radius is very noticeable and allows you to nuke spawn much more efficiently.

Also, each enemy hit is primed for a fire explosion, you can get something like 3-4 fire explosions each nade with radius if you toss it well, allowing you to be a bit more conservative with nade usage and still pull out crazy damage.
---
A good elf is a dead elf.
#6liquid sleepPosted 12/10/2012 11:51:59 AM
In regards to combo damage grenades are considered a level one power regardless of how many ranks you put into them. I would be more inclined to go 5 in grenades and 6 in Carnage.

Since the OP wants a FE creating tank I would recommend 5 in grenades (with grenade gear), 4 in the passive and either 5 ranks in fitness or Fortification.
---
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine...w/o me my sig is useless. w/o my sig, I am useless.
#7Delta123456789Posted 12/10/2012 5:02:00 PM
liquid sleep posted...
In regards to combo damage grenades are considered a level one power regardless of how many ranks you put into them. I would be more inclined to go 5 in grenades and 6 in Carnage.

Since the OP wants a FE creating tank I would recommend 5 in grenades (with grenade gear), 4 in the passive and either 5 ranks in fitness or Fortification.

You sure about that? I heard ammo counts as level 1 but got the impression grenade level did.
---
#8liquid sleepPosted 12/10/2012 10:20:03 PM
Actually I think you are right and in a moment of brain flatulence I confused the two.
---
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine...w/o me my sig is useless. w/o my sig, I am useless.
#9Delta123456789Posted 12/11/2012 2:29:47 AM
Not sure, but in any case inferno grenades are pretty darn powerful, so it's not like an extra rank would be a total loss.
---
#10SKA_Posted 12/11/2012 3:23:55 PM
i would sacrifice fortification before grenades and carnage for a non melee focused build. i would take the power damage bonus on both rank 5 on fortification and class passive and stop there.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest