I thought everyone hated this game?

#1claudekennilolPosted 1/7/2013 11:55:01 AM
After ME2 went downhill from the first one, and everyone saying how much this game was going to suck, how did it fare so well in today's poll? Does it not really suck as much as it was supposed to?
---
I've outgrown my old quote. It's been there for years, but now it's gone.
#2easymodexzPosted 1/7/2013 12:21:19 PM
ME3 is pretty good overall.

The ending sequence / story is disagreeable / disappointing, and the pacing and spread of the missions in the game are slightly underpar, but it's still a pretty good game.

The combat system in particular is significantly better than ME2/1.
#3Lord_XiaPosted 1/7/2013 12:36:19 PM(edited)
There are some issues with the ending of the game, but overall it was a masterpiece. Not everybody thinks so, and some were disappointed, but I think most people (not just the loud ones) really liked the game.

I personally only beat it once and only after the extended cut of the game came out and some DLCs that added to some explanations. I found the ending to be pretty good. But I base my opinions on it being relative to other games, movies, books...etc. Did I get the perfect ending I wanted? No, but I thought it was better than the teddy bear picnic of Star Wars, the multiple endings of the Lord of the Rings and the snitch throwing Crimson King from the Dark Tower series.
---
"Sigging yourself is the best way to make sure everyone knows how narcissistic you are." -Xiahou Dun
#4some09guy IIPosted 1/7/2013 12:30:56 PM
Fanboys and poor representation for the poll. No Dragon's Dogma or Xenoblade, for instance. Hell, the poll features more disappointing RPGs than anything.
#5Do_I_ExistPosted 1/7/2013 5:53:34 PM
Dragon's Dogma isn't a western RPG.

And I always say that Mass Effect 3 was great, right up to the end.
---
(Ellipsis)
#6jimmydiddlyPosted 1/7/2013 6:00:17 PM
Everything up to the ending was great in ME3.

If you played paragon in ME1/2 then no matter what you pick in ME3 for the ending youre contradicting yourself in one way or another.

Ending was disappointing.
---
GT: WangWong
#7ShinesmanOWPosted 1/7/2013 6:12:24 PM
Hate? No.

Massive disappointment? Yes. We expected an epic ending to an epic story, and we got "A winner is you."

The multiplayer is good fun. The main game has great moments, but a lot of it is filler content. Like the first game in the series, rushing through the third game is probably the best experience, as most of the side missions are absolutely pointless.
#8Delta123456789Posted 1/8/2013 1:16:51 AM
ShinesmanOW posted...
Hate? No.

Massive disappointment? Yes. We expected an epic ending to an epic story, and we got "A winner is you."

The multiplayer is good fun. The main game has great moments, but a lot of it is filler content. Like the first game in the series, rushing through the third game is probably the best experience, as most of the side missions are absolutely pointless.

That's near enough, though the citadel conversation sidequests were interesting and at least the galaxy map ones were better than ME2's. I really enjoyed the main game (Kai Leng and Ending aside), even if it didn't really reflect your choices much or deliver on a lot of promises. Multiplayer was surprisingly good too.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#9easymodexzPosted 1/8/2013 5:22:29 AM
I liked Kai Leng, but they needed to do more with him.
#10dreamcleaverPosted 1/8/2013 4:20:51 PM
The combat system is overall good except for the sprint/cover/dodge functions all on one key.

The story is pretty epic in the first half of the game. Then mid game you realize that your ME2 choices matter zero, your ME2 squadmates won't join you and only appear for short cameos, and the story starts to fall off. Then you get hit by the craptastic ending.

Oh and the most important squad member lore-wise was Day 1 paid DLC. Doesn't really matter if you're only in for the PEW PEW, but if you're a long-term fan and care about the ME universe then you have to endure BioWare ripping you off.

Multiplayer is somewhat fun.