I thought everyone hated this game?

#61SKA_Posted 2/1/2013 4:10:05 PM
the source of RPGs is pen and paper games and, in some instances, table top games.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#62clowningPosted 2/1/2013 4:49:43 PM
Yes, P&P is the beginning of the RPG. And some of those games did not use dice (though most did).
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#63Delta123456789Posted 2/1/2013 6:34:13 PM
easymodexz posted...
LoL is not an MMORPG.

The genre of DotA / LoL / et al has been dubbed "MOBA" (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) which is a craptastic name, but gets the point across.

Ah, I had it confused with all those superhero MMOs. My mistake.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#64StrelokPosted 2/2/2013 6:55:10 AM
It can't be worse than DmC. Seriously, with that game they seem like they went out of their way to piss fans off.
I just got it for 12 Euroes (new at that, go figure) so I'll see what the game has in store for me.

For my part I really liked ME1 (aside the effing Mako. AAARGH THE EFFING MAKO!) and ME2 (which had less Mako and sadly less character building)
I'll see how 3 holds up.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l493/TTripweed/Haiguyz.jpg
#65SKA_Posted 2/2/2013 9:32:18 AM
no one liked the mako rifleman, but I was not that sad at the lack of skill customization in ME2, ME1 had a lot of fluff in that department.
---
#66StrelokPosted 2/2/2013 10:41:28 AM
Wow, someone who understands the nickname (Although other suitable translations are gunslinger apparently, my knowledge on Eastern European languages is not up to par. I go by what the game Stalker tells me >,>)

And true, a lot of skills in ME1 were either not necessary (shotguns were really not worth it for example, pistols were downright overpowered along with assault rifles, nobody really needed Barrier, and so on and so forth and yes I've completed it on Insanity. Barrier isn't required. Helps but all in all, more killpower >>> Barrier) for a good build, or could have been used by partymembers (Like Electronics/Decryption).

Still, I liked having an inventory although I wish it wasn't so... KOTOR clunky.

And seriously, I hated the Mako so much I decided to go on foot for a lot of encounters. I loved the concept (as, seriously, all purpose terrain vehicle being dropped from orbit is Warhammer 40K levels of ridiculous awesome), but the execution was terrible. Ping Pong Mako is funny for the first 10 minutes, but after planet 5 it grates on your nerves. Or when your vehicle can't climb a mountain that is half as steep as another but because this one is blue and the other one a slightly darker shade of blue you can't and urgh...
I was happy when I saw it impaled in the ME2 DLC. Never come back Mako.
---
Goodbye Bubbles, dearest of pets. I'll miss you, always. 2nd June 2004 - 22nd August 2009
#67SKA_Posted 2/2/2013 11:58:17 AM(edited)
strelok is Ukrainian for rifleman, according to a Ukrainian sc2 pro player
---
#68StrelokPosted 2/3/2013 2:29:33 PM
Either way, it sounds like a good name and it was used in one of my favorite franchises, so I stole it.
Yoink.
---