Question about extended cut. (spoilers)

#1DaedraMaster702Posted 1/15/2013 6:46:11 PM
ok, so I recently downloaded the extended cut, and i thought the green ending (synthesis) is available with it, or do you still have to do all the multiplayer stuff to get it?
---
For the love of Talos, shut up and lets get this over with.
#2VoidSeraphimPosted 1/15/2013 7:12:55 PM
You'll need to achieve 3100 EMS before Priority: Earth to choose that ending.
---
"With kindness comes naivete. Courage becomes foolhardiness. And dedication has no reward..."
#3Delta123456789Posted 1/16/2013 3:15:32 AM
IIRC Synthesis lowered the point requirement to choose Synthesis so you don't need multiplayer to boost your score (in fact I think you didn't need it before either, it just made it easier to get the best variant of the ending).
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#4ZERO2936Posted 1/16/2013 5:55:57 PM
You don't need multiplayer to do anything with the Extended Cut installed.
#5SlashmanSGPosted 1/16/2013 6:19:05 PM
You didn't need multiplayer at all before the EC, it just made it easier.
---
Fight Science with Wood
http://i25.tinypic.com/atri29.jpg http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif
#6george43Posted 1/21/2013 5:20:48 PM
The question is, why would you be dumb enough to chose synthesis in the first place?

There are 3 choices and 2 choices run counter to everything the series stands for and you haven't payed attention for a second, and the 3rd only puts a roadblock in the way to make you feel guilty.
#7SKA_Posted 1/21/2013 6:49:09 PM
to be fair, all 3 choices fly in the face of the series in their entirety, one is just less horrendously so.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#8undercover_jerkPosted 1/28/2013 6:52:53 AM
^ The only good ending is destruction. controling reapers? nope they will control you at the end. Put man and synthesis together? nope why would that be any good?

the only good ''ending'' is with indoctrination theory and taking destruction where you wake up back on earth
---
playing atm: BF3, FF13
#9Delta123456789Posted 1/28/2013 7:33:34 AM
undercover_jerk posted...
^ The only good ending is destruction. controling reapers? nope they will control you at the end. Put man and synthesis together? nope why would that be any good?

I think the epilogue implies that Control worked as advertised (though whether the Sheperd AI will become authoritarian or tyrannical is another question). As for synthesis it's less the fusion of man and machine I have problems with and more that the method is determined by an insane, troll-logic spouting idiot that thinks genocide is a good way to stop war. I don't trust the star kid to decide what's best for everyone. There's also the fact that the change is forced on others which is an issue.

I think synthesis would make more sense if we knew more about it and what it would entail. If the changes were clear and would be minor then it might be worth making a compromise if it will bring peace and allow cooperation with the reapers and all the civilisations they represent.

You could make a really interesting moral dilemma out of this (do you sacrifice part of your individuality in order to avoid killing another species, and can you legitimately make that decision on behalf of millions of others?), so it's a shame it wasn't explored more.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#10SKA_Posted 1/28/2013 8:26:06 AM
or bioware could have thought things through more and not last minute make the ending about a B story arc that is potentially resolved before the ending.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest