Balance change: Charge option

#11Delta123456789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 2:34:07 AM
liquid sleep posted...
Lash can't detonate armor. To prime or detonate it needs to lift/pull them, which it can't do.

Does the DoT effect not apply unless you lift? I guess I could just be remembering wrong but I thought I saw the odd explosion, maybe on a Brute? It was a while ago so you are probably right.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#12GamemakoPosted 2/16/2013 7:10:07 AM
If I had to guess, the electric DoT Evo will apply with damage regardless of armor, but I'd have to check (I never use that evo due to low damage and the nubness of tech bursts). If it did work, then you could apply electric effects with Lash and detonate with Smash or Charge, but that is wasteful enough when you could just use bullets to apply an electric effect with more DPS and no cooldown interference.
---
All of the pieces that puzzled their journey are now in position to land.
#13AllDay524Posted 2/17/2013 1:15:23 AM
What would be even better if it only activated the cooldown on charge leaving you free to follow up with a Second cooldown power.
---
'I was looking up Pokemon Hentai today and it was full of Gardevoirs and Pikachus. I'm like what the hell is this? Wheres all the May and Dawn pics?' LittleUnit
#14Delta123456789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 4:43:20 AM
AllDay524 posted...
What would be even better if it only activated the cooldown on charge leaving you free to follow up with a Second cooldown power.

I don't get what you mean, you mean like Cloak lets you use another power before its cooldown kicks it? I don't see much point if so since charge's cooldown is about the same or longer than most other powers you could link it to, so not much difference between this and charge having no cooldown.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#15GamemakoPosted 2/17/2013 7:42:00 AM
Delta123456789 posted...
AllDay524 posted...

I don't get what you mean, you mean like Cloak lets you use another power before its cooldown kicks it? I don't see much point if so since charge's cooldown is about the same or longer than most other powers you could link it to, so not much difference between this and charge having no cooldown.

He means setting it so that Charge is on an independent instead of global cooldown. That would require some interface work, so it's not likely to happen at all, but it would be infinitely more useful than the risk-on-top-of-risk approach.
---
All of the pieces that puzzled their journey are now in position to land.