"Get to the extraction zone soldier!"

#1capgamerPosted 2/16/2013 6:03:37 PM
Why do I have a mike hooked up? So I can yell at people who lose track of time on wave 11.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#2InfestedAdamPosted 2/16/2013 10:37:26 PM
Default settings for voice chat might be set too low though. That or speakers end has a weak mic. I've heard people call out to get to the extraction zone but it's very faint for me.

I wish there would be a chat window though so we can just post it instead. Or ask people to help with objective-based waves. Newer folks or people with tunnel vision often seem to ignore those objectives.
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#3Delta123456789Posted 2/17/2013 4:45:36 AM
Some people do like to state the obvious though. Last night I played a match with a green KroSentinel who felt the urge to state where on the map an objective had appeared or an ally had died, slightly after the announcer and display told us the exact same thing. A little annoying.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#4RogueStrikerPosted 2/17/2013 3:51:48 PM
I've seen some of the weirdest players like a Kroguard who never updated the last device even though he was next to it, could easily do it and time was running out.

Then there's the player who stayed at the same exact spot for most of the extraction and never tried to make it, or the one at the other side of the map at the end of the extraction.
---
Gotta love Photon Cannon.
#5MysteryGourmetPosted 2/17/2013 6:51:31 PM
I got one random guy who just kept pelting away at the enemy when he was standing less than 5 meters from the extraction zone! My pal and I yelled at him to get on but either the mic didn't go through or he musta been roleplaying as some kinda hero.

But then again, as far as I know, partial extraction didn't affect the credit much. So no problem.
#6Lord Lu BuPosted 2/17/2013 6:54:50 PM
I'm finding it's a lot easier to start a good ways out of the extraction point and slowly move your way on back. Had a few teams not do it and about a minute left everything was bearing down and we all died in a matter of seconds.
---
Yes, you can say ASS!
#7PhilOnDezPosted 2/18/2013 8:38:29 AM
You get 10% bonus credits for your own extractiins, team extractions don't affect you monetarily. The full extraction bonus is 20,000 xp for the squad which works out to 5k per person, everyone gets the same amount of xp in the end whether you score 200,000 or 20,000, it all gets added up and divided by however many are playing which to me makes the point of extraction the extra credits, not the extra 3750xp difference between a single and full extraction.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#8Delta123456789Posted 2/18/2013 10:36:49 AM
PhilOnDez posted...
You get 10% bonus credits for your own extractiins, team extractions don't affect you monetarily. The full extraction bonus is 20,000 xp for the squad which works out to 5k per person, everyone gets the same amount of xp in the end whether you score 200,000 or 20,000, it all gets added up and divided by however many are playing which to me makes the point of extraction the extra credits, not the extra 3750xp difference between a single and full extraction.

Don't the medals influence your EXP then? In any case, there's sometimes someone who can use the extra EXP so it's good to extract where you can. I agree the money is the main incentive though (I'll sometimes burn an ops pack or medi-gel if it'll give it to me).
---
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#9capgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2013 7:14:02 PM
team extractions don't affect you monetarily

It used to, but I think you're right: they seem to have changed it. I remember how irritating it was on 360 when my teammates just completely spaced on the extraction part and I got denied money. :(

I couldn't hook up a mike then because it was my roommate's copy of the game and he didn't want me to say anything online.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#10Delta123456789Posted 2/19/2013 2:34:43 AM
capgamer posted...
team extractions don't affect you monetarily

It used to, but I think you're right: they seem to have changed it. I remember how irritating it was on 360 when my teammates just completely spaced on the extraction part and I got denied money. :(

I couldn't hook up a mike then because it was my roommate's copy of the game and he didn't want me to say anything online.

Team extractions never effected your money. It used to do nothing, and then was changed to "get yourself out for +10% creds".
---