Multiplayer dead?

#11SKA_Posted 8/16/2013 12:05:04 PM
human soldier, turian soldier, and turian sentinel are all top tier, and all are non-DLC.

human engineer is up there.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#12Delta123456789Posted 8/16/2013 1:28:14 PM
They may be good but nothing comes close to the big three (Gethfiltrator, Ghost and AIU), and I'd wager a lot of other classes could out-damage them (especially infiltrators or grenade users like the Demolisher or KroSoldier). More importantly they are all fairly standard classes (shoot and maybe the odd power), with none of the interesting mechanics later classes introduced. It's only the later additions that really started enabling different playstyles like Annihilation Field, Shadow Strike or Shield Boost.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#13SKA_Posted 8/16/2013 7:13:16 PM
you are apparently ignorant of adrenaline rush and marksman, they produce more damage than cloak.

human soldier is literally the highest sustained DPS class in the game, GI is just the highest burst DPS.
---
#14Delta123456789Posted 8/17/2013 2:58:34 AM
SKA_ posted...
you are apparently ignorant of adrenaline rush and marksman, they produce more damage than cloak.

human soldier is literally the highest sustained DPS class in the game, GI is just the highest burst DPS.

Hmm, I'm not saying you are wrong but that seems strange to me seeing as I've hardly ever seen the class discussed. I've been on the board a fairly long time and I've regularly seen people singing the praises of the big three and infiltrators in general, but I've hardly ever heard Marksman or Adrenaline Rush mentioned. If HuSoldier was really better I'd have expected to have heard about it more frequently and seen the class used more often.
---
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#15SKA_Posted 8/17/2013 12:39:37 PM(edited)
you need to go on BSN then, plenty of discussion over the human soldier.

people on here too hung up on cloak.

cloak is also a great defensive power which makes infiltrators straight up easier to use and exploit.
---
#16Delta123456789Posted 8/17/2013 11:36:01 PM
SKA_ posted...
you need to go on BSN then, plenty of discussion over the human soldier.

people on here too hung up on cloak.

cloak is also a great defensive power which makes infiltrators straight up easier to use and exploit.

If you say so. I don't really play ME these days but I was at it for a long time and never saw many Human Soldiers (though this was on public games admittedly).

As for cloak, I haven't seen many people using it defensively. Standard advice seems to be just to use it for the damage bonus and fight normally via soft cover. It's all right in an emergency or for an objective but you'll have to wait a long time if you don't cancel right away.
---
#17SKA_Posted 8/18/2013 12:22:09 AM
cloak greatly reduces threat, infiltrators innately deal with getting shot at a lot less than other classes, even if cloak isn't used purely for defensive means. which again, makes it an amazing defensive power regardless.
---
#18Delta123456789Posted 8/18/2013 6:34:06 AM
SKA_ posted...
cloak greatly reduces threat, infiltrators innately deal with getting shot at a lot less than other classes, even if cloak isn't used purely for defensive means. which again, makes it an amazing defensive power regardless.

Ah that hadn't occurred to me - I thought the cloak was too brief (maybe half a second of animation) to make a difference (or the difference would reset when it finished), but I guess if the enemy switches targets during that time they won't come back afterwards meaning you've basically reset their aggro and won't receive as much fire until you work it back up. Very interesting point, thanks for the info.

Do you think this aspect of cloak makes infiltrators less of a team player? I guess they aren't taking their fair share of aggro, but then again this does spread aggro around and they wouldn't have aggro if they weren't closest/doing most damage to the target in the first place.
---
#19SKA_Posted 8/18/2013 5:30:49 PM
less of a team player?

kill all the things. revive teammates ezpz. do objectives ezpz.
---
#20mech goukiPosted 8/19/2013 1:05:00 AM
@Delta

My advice to you is don't argue with SKA. Few things are more excruciating than this. I would equate it to banging your head on the wall.
---
http://cyberakuma.livejournal.com/ - Shining Blade Translations
http://cyberakumamechgouki.blogspot.com/ - Skip Beat! PS2 story