what is the trick to using keyboard and mouse

#1hawkeyeguy45Posted 8/16/2013 11:15:39 AM
i use keyboard and mouse for every game i play and prefer it to controllers, but, with this game, i just can't get it down. it is extremely hard for me to use quite a few characters because i have to take my fingers off of the wasd buttons to cast. guess im just crying because i suck but jeezus i would suck less if i could actually move and dodge things AND use my powers at the same time.

i have tried remapping and things but no matter what i try i still find my self sacrificing being able to move to cast some things.

guess this is just a rant because there is really no tips to help for this. i need more fingers lol
---
"You all need people like me so you can point your fingers and say that's the bad guy."
#2CaelestinePosted 8/16/2013 12:03:25 PM
If you have one of those mouse that have more buttons, I suppose you can map some of the most used casting there.
#3SKA_Posted 8/16/2013 12:56:31 PM
work on your keyboard accuracy, plain and simple. don't need more fingers when you can accurately push the right hotkey and move your finger accurately back to wasd.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#4Delta123456789Posted 8/16/2013 2:31:19 PM
You can remap the power buttons by editing game files, but I wouldn't say the default is that difficult. It's not like you can use powers while sprinting or anything in any case.

Altering game files does have the advantage of letting you put sprint, use and revive on different keys though, rather than hoping the game knows why you are pressing spacebar.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#5hawkeyeguy45(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 6:30:57 AM
alright cool, got some good ideas from you all to try
---
"You all need people like me so you can point your fingers and say that's the bad guy."
#6FTLulzPosted 8/17/2013 3:11:14 PM
Delta123456789 posted...
You can remap the power buttons by editing game files, but I wouldn't say the default is that difficult. It's not like you can use powers while sprinting or anything in any case.

Altering game files does have the advantage of letting you put sprint, use and revive on different keys though, rather than hoping the game knows why you are pressing spacebar.

You can remap the power buttons simply by going into options dude. What the hell are you talking about?
#7SKA_Posted 8/17/2013 8:30:41 PM
FTLulz posted...
Delta123456789 posted...

You can remap the power buttons simply by going into options dude. What the hell are you talking about?

he is talking about multiplayer
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest