first attempt at ME on pc, questions about character creator and mods.

#1monkmithPosted 8/18/2013 1:53:38 PM
i've played all the ME games on the 360, but i got ME3 from the sim city giveaway and just bought the dlc for it.

i'm somewhat confused on how the character/save editor works so i can tailor make my new characters background. do i have to make the character in game first, save, and than edit the save file? or would i make a character with some editor?

second, i was wondering if anyone has seen a few decent outfit mods. i know that modding for this game is limited, and i also know that modding the multiplayer is not allowed, i'm really just looking for any single player mod suggestions. they're few and far between and i'm hoping someone can point out a gem i missed/
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#2SKA_Posted 8/18/2013 5:32:31 PM
download gibbed save editor.

read the readme file.

proceed with entertainment.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#3Delta123456789Posted 8/19/2013 12:21:41 AM
This page provides info on a few tweaks you can make to the game. Not that extensive but at least it links to the editors:
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/PC_Tweaks_%28Mass_Effect_3%29
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#4monkmith(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 7:17:46 AM
thanks, another question though. i've found several outfit and hairstyle mods i want to add, i believe i need to make it a texmod but i'm unsure about the process.

first when i use the texmod program would i be able to add all the different mods to it and make one texmod? second do i need to edit the coalesced file to make use of the mods?
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#5SKA_Posted 8/19/2013 9:26:46 AM
mods usually come with a detailed explanation on how they function and how to get them to function.

if not, you are using the wrong mods, or maybe you should not be modding.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#6FTLulzPosted 8/21/2013 2:22:44 PM
>.> I don't know, the body swapping with squad mates one is pretty complicated even if you look at the tutorial. It never tells you which lines you need to change or how you can determine what lines do what.