Could they have made a more annoying attack than Flamer?

#1Icehound2Posted 2/5/2014 11:46:36 PM
It does nothing but mother ****ing block my screen whenever some jackass runs up and blasts whomever I'm pounding as a Warlord with. I seriously just want to e-strangle idiots that do that. STOP. ****ING. SHOOTING FIRE IN MY FACE.

/end rant

Died a few more times than normal in that last match, partially due to a piss poor team that couldn't stay alive, and partially due to me over-estimating my Warlord's health regen. I got dropped way too fast way too many times.
---
"My wife just walked up to me, handed me some cash, and said 'that's for this morning' and walked away. It was $2 :("
--magus22.
#2Delta123456789Posted 2/6/2014 2:55:10 AM
Maybe it's worse on melee characters but I didn't have a problem with Flamer. Real issue for me was Shockwave which would add camera shake and mess up your aim.
---
DF: So why can a Marauder roll but a multiplayer Turian can't?
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#3Icehound2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 8:00:27 PM
Delta123456789 posted...
Maybe it's worse on melee characters but I didn't have a problem with Flamer. Real issue for me was Shockwave which would add camera shake and mess up your aim.

That reminds me of old times GWG. That one Shadow that would stand behind the the terminal and slash like crazy. I finally just gave up trying to shoot when he was close.
---
"My wife just walked up to me, handed me some cash, and said 'that's for this morning' and walked away. It was $2 :("
--magus22.
#4Delta123456789Posted 2/9/2014 5:09:17 AM
Icehound2 posted...
Delta123456789 posted...

That reminds me of old times GWG. That one Shadow that would stand behind the the terminal and slash like crazy. I finally just gave up trying to shoot when he was close.

Oh yeah, I remember spamming Energy Drain and Decoy as Salarian Engi and being ridiculously proud I'd survived a gold game and beat the weekend challenge. I was just starting and surviving a gold game seemed like a really tough proposition.

Hard to believe Salarian Infils were seen as great in the early days, before all the powerful new classes came out.
---
Delta1-9: You are fighting female turian husks. You have reach but they have flexibility.
#5Icehound2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2014 10:18:50 PM
Delta123456789 posted...
Icehound2 posted...
Delta123456789 posted...

Oh yeah, I remember spamming Energy Drain and Decoy as Salarian Engi and being ridiculously proud I'd survived a gold game and beat the weekend challenge. I was just starting and surviving a gold game seemed like a really tough proposition.

Hard to believe Salarian Infils were seen as great in the early days, before all the powerful new classes came out.

I went the Turian Sentinel route. Everyone always left my games when they saw that my Mattock was only V at the time. Nowadays my Warlord is breaking 100,000 points on every match without even touching his Carbine X.
---
"I'd rather be hated for what I am than loved for what I'm not."
- CM Punk, WWE.
#6Delta123456789Posted 2/10/2014 2:37:06 AM
It always seemed a shame that the new classes totally outclassed some of the basic ones. Some like the Krogan Soldier got buffed as a result of the combo changes or power changes (like the Singularity buff to make it prime armour) but others like Turian Sentinel stopped having anything that made them stand out. The fact late classes like the Ghost and AIU were so powerful didn't help.

Then again I did like a lot of the new powers like Shadow Slash or Recon Mine, and who new playstyles like Tanky Juggernauts and healers with Shield Boost. It's just a shame that some of the old powers and classes look weak in comparison.
---
#7Rodimus_PrimePosted 2/11/2014 4:44:35 PM
Icehound2 posted...
It does nothing but mother ****ing block my screen whenever some jackass runs up and blasts whomever I'm pounding as a Warlord with. I seriously just want to e-strangle idiots that do that. STOP. ****ING. SHOOTING FIRE IN MY FACE.

/end rant

Died a few more times than normal in that last match, partially due to a piss poor team that couldn't stay alive, and partially due to me over-estimating my Warlord's health regen. I got dropped way too fast way too many times.

Flamer primes enemies for a fire explosion if you attack with biotic or tech hammer. Why are you complaining?
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe
#8WaxfruitPosted 2/26/2014 4:31:01 PM
Delta123456789 posted...

Pretty much that. Flamer doesn't bother me because I know as soon as I see someone using it on my target the next Biotic Hammer will utterly destroy whatever it is that I'm hitting it with. Only issue for me is against Geth, it's hard to tell if the fire is coming from a teammate or the Pyros that usually show up out of nowhere when I melee a Prime.
#91111110011000Posted 3/6/2014 6:35:20 AM(edited)
Rodimus_Prime posted...
Icehound2 posted...

/end rant

Flamer primes enemies for a fire explosion if you attack with biotic or tech hammer. Why are you complaining?

Well, I think his problem is the FIRE in his FACE. Most people respond a bit negatively to FIRE in their FACE. The priming is good, but maybe he doesn't care about that?
---
"What do you think this is? Some kind of joke? Gimme' ten Big Macs and a small Diet Coke" - MC 900 FT Jesus
#10Rodimus_PrimePosted 3/6/2014 6:41:19 AM
I doubt they're actually aiming for his face. Chances are he's just complaining about how it takes up so much of the screen when used. He's basically telling people not to use it around him which is silly.
---
"Yeah, they're in the game. But if you don't buy them, you can't play as them. Why? Because F*** YOU GIVE ME MONEY!"-Angry Joe