Best Cleric Melee DPS setup..

#1jdragon21Posted 2/26/2011 12:24:10 PM
Whats your thoughts on the best output for DMG on a cleric melee setup? i have a healing setup and a caster DPS looking for a melee and im just unsure.. was thinking druid but idk what to go with it. Thoughts?
---
WoW = Kids game........ Guild Wars 2 = Zomg come out already!!
FFXIV = Disappointing..... Rift = W00t cant wait!!
#2StallTacticsPosted 2/26/2011 12:34:05 PM
what is melee cleric dps?
#3BadMovieJunkiePosted 2/26/2011 12:39:18 PM
I have Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden, and loving it.
---
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing--.
#4ocman1Posted 2/26/2011 3:40:52 PM
what's your build then? im doing inq/sen/cabalist. and find cabalist lacking.
#5Watcher77Posted 2/26/2011 3:52:30 PM
Cabalist isn't melee to start off with o.o;
---
I drink your milkshake!
#6Darth_DragonPosted 2/26/2011 6:23:33 PM
I'm personally going with a Shaman/Justicar/Druid build and destroying mobs as a melee cleric. End-game build I'm going with and slowly building towards is listed below. One thing I will say about melee clerics though is high burst but sustained is lower than warrior or mage.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00anr.VV.EedttrsAk.x
---
"I could plant a stick in the ground and by dawn it would grow into a better man than you."
#7TasteyWheatPosted 2/28/2011 11:55:03 AM
I'm going Shaman/Justicar/Warden for mine.

While Druid gives the Shield of the Oak (amazing when paired with the Shaman's ice shield... you will rarely get hit), I can't stand the sight of that faerie (or still going druid and not having it) , and for me, water-based attacks/heals seems to make more sense with the Shaman's elements.

But Shaman for melee DPS, hands down.
#8AlessarPosted 2/28/2011 12:13:11 PM
I agree with TasteyWheat. I think going with all 3 of the souls with the Faith In Action passive (that buffs your melee power with your spell power) is overkill. I went shaman first, then warden (those early level heals are great for low level survivability) and then finished with Jus.

Generally, though a lot of the soul combos are 3 defensive or 3 offensive, I usually think it's overkill. So far, from what I've seen, you get better results by having 2 of the same sort of soul, 1 acting as primary and the 2nd as a booster, and 1 different type to cover your weaknesses (often a heal, or a self-defense).
#9KirynTheClericPosted 2/28/2011 1:59:28 PM
Justicar/Purifier/Shaman is pretty awesome right now.

Shaman for some buffs, purifier for some healing and armor, justicar for the main spec = tank. :D
---
"Everything is 50% it either happens or it doesnt" -bandw2
Brawl FC- 2106-4763-3286 Zebra
#10TheNeoianOnePosted 2/28/2011 2:08:18 PM
I agree with TasteyWheat. I think going with all 3 of the souls with the Faith In Action passive (that buffs your melee power with your spell power) is overkill.

Do they stack? I figured they're just the same ability.

I just find theres too much overlap with druid/shaman. So its best to go druid/justicar/something or shaman/justicar/something.

Usually warden or inquisitor is a good third choice.
---
http://deadwinter.cc/
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1189/dwsig.jpg