corrupted sourcestone

#1saint32Posted 3/1/2011 1:41:38 PM
so i just got a sourcestone from helping in a rift.. says i can exchange it for a valuable item but where and with whom do i do that? thank you:)
#2_Yag_Posted 3/1/2011 1:50:18 PM
if your a guardian theres a vendor just south of the port at Argent glade, right by where the worse vendor is. Sadly the equip you can get with the source shards isnt too great, by the time I had enough rift currency to get the items everything I had equipped was better lol. the higher tier stuff seems good but I have yet to get one of the very rare rift currency (forgot the name)
---
[Sacktap- Gold 77 Seraphim]
GT:Yag007
#3saint32(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2011 3:28:20 PM
lol that sucks
#4BrotatoPosted 3/1/2011 3:31:17 PM
I got one of the epic stones. One out of all the rifts I've done since Head-Start. I do believe they come from the very large rifts. You know, the one where words come on the screen warning you crap's about to go down. I think you have be contribute a lot on the final boss guy too.
---
GT: BLACKKETYL
#5_Yag_Posted 3/1/2011 3:32:16 PM
the warrior items seemed pretty great...but I dont have anything to compare them with, also just for the record, im already wearing almost entirelly blue/purple items so that might be why I wasn't impressed, the stuff is def. better than yur average quest reward green for sure.
---
#6_Yag_Posted 3/1/2011 3:34:45 PM
srry for dbl post but i have a question for brotato, are you talking about the times when you get a message like "The air grows thick" and you get a quest saying like...stop 20 fire rifts or stop the invasion or something?

I've been in a bunch of those while just questing in silverwood but how do you know which rifts are the big ultra boss ones on the map...all ive seen are the minor and major labels...is there a level above Major rift?
---
#7BrotatoPosted 3/1/2011 3:41:34 PM
I wish I can be more helpful on this. You make want to check the Rift Forums for specifics.

Yeah Yag, during those times. After the fight begins I try and find the biggest enemy icon on the map and go to it. Usually people call out the where's the big boss guy is. I think mine dropped off the big tree guy. I can't remember his name.

I think the icon looks like a bigger version of the "Invader" icon. You know, like the crossed swords icon.

One other thing, is that I was a 3-4 levels below the boss and it dropped. I did it again and the rift boss when lower than I was and it didn't drop. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
---
#8_Yag_Posted 3/1/2011 3:50:56 PM
ok so now I have another few questions about the rift system.

so the rift UI has that circle with the stage number in it, the gauge that slowly fills up, the clock, and an aura that grows in intensity for some reason.

1- the aura that starts dim and gets brighter...what does this mean? is it an indicator of how much you're personally contributing to the rift battle? A.K.A and indicator of what reward you'll recieve?

2- so as you get kills the gague slowly fills up and theres a timer going...whats the penalty if you don't fill up the gauge before the time runs out? I havent been able to tell a difference from rifts when we run out of time on one or more stages, and those when we never run out of time.

3- lastly are all rifts the same amount of stages? they always seem to end at 5 for me.

Also keep in mind I've only been in silverwood thusfar so if things change after that I wouldn't know.
---
#9BrotatoPosted 3/1/2011 3:57:35 PM
Sadly Yag I can't answer those either. I've been wondering each one of those questions too since I started playing. I think fives it for the rift stages. I know there's a bonus stage or whatever, and I'm guessing if you beat the clock you get greater rewards? Really I have no idea though.

I just got out of Silverwood last night.
---