Planar Focus...

#1goongagaloongaPosted 3/2/2011 11:58:16 PM
I have yet to figure out how to be able to equip these pieces...I have a friend that said he can equip them, but I can't. I'm level 20 btw.
#2Tro77TroPosted 3/3/2011 1:27:55 AM
You right click the Planar Focus.

Then you can either right-click a Planar Essence and equip it in a slot [Lesser or Greater, each Focus has a different combination, 2 Lessers 1 Greater, 2 Greaters 2 Lessers, 3 Lessers 1 Greater, et cetera] or manually do it by left-clicking and placing it in the slot.

I would suggest you do the latter because replacing the Essences does not smart-equip.
---
Alliance - Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Survival Hunter, Feral Bear Druid - WoW
Defiant - Reaver/Paladin/Void Knight AoE tank - RIFT
#3goongagaloonga(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 1:36:05 AM
I get that...I just keep getting the message "you do not have a planar focus equipped." I have no idea what I'm missing here.
#4Thirten85Posted 3/3/2011 1:43:30 AM
It's a bit confusing.

In the center goes a device known as your Planar Focus, you have to have that equipped before you can use those planar essences.

I think you get one during your initial introduction quests in Meridian.

The easiest way to think of them are as a series of sockets you can equip gems to, like a CERTAIN OTHER GAME.

The lesser essences have standard stat/resist increases, however, the greater essences I've seen have some cool meta-gem like effects.
---
PG
www.thesecretlevel.com ~ It's not so much of a secret.
#5goongagaloonga(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 1:49:54 AM
I appreciate the advice, but I don't have an item that I can put there. I have done everything I can in meridian and there is nothing about a planar focus for me.
#6miraclematterPosted 3/3/2011 1:55:24 AM
You can buy them from the Planar Goods vendors for a decent amount of planarite.
---
This game is horrible. Valve removes all the good bugs. ~S_R
What? There's plenty of good bugs left, like the Hercules Beetle and the Praying Mantis. ~aak
#7goongagaloonga(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 1:55:46 AM
I don't have a Planar Focus is what I'm saying. When should I have gotten it? Seems this should be something obvious, but I have no clue...lol.
#8miraclematterPosted 3/3/2011 2:00:21 AM(edited)
Yeah, I'm saying you can buy a planar focus from the planar goods vendors, and then slot your planar essences into it. Sorry if I was unclear.

I can't imagine you -need- to get the basic one from the quest to unlock them, but I've seen dumber requirements.
---
This game is horrible. Valve removes all the good bugs. ~S_R
What? There's plenty of good bugs left, like the Hercules Beetle and the Praying Mantis. ~aak
#9goongagaloonga(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 2:03:31 AM
Ok thanks...Where is this vendor at in Meridian? I have so many essences I've been waiting to use. lol
#10goongagaloonga(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2011 2:35:16 AM
Figured it out

Thanks for leading me in the right direction