Can you play Rift with a Game-Pad?

#1Perfect_flamePosted 2/12/2011 3:15:18 AM
Like FF or Dc universe, I've always prefered the feel of a control..
#2apocalypsehorsePosted 2/12/2011 4:19:10 AM

no.

#3SlaynPosted 2/12/2011 4:44:06 AM
"Current Topic: "Can you play Rift with a Game-Pad?"

User Name Perfect_flame
User ID 6051860
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with positive karma after 48 hours. Can create 5 topics, 30 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

/thread
#4FrozenskyPosted 2/12/2011 7:16:31 AM
even if you could make the game accept a controller input, it's not going to be optimal due to the sheer number of bindings.

better bet is to get something designed specifically for PC games such as a Logitech G13, Belkin/Razer Nostromo, or Razer Naga if you must use something other than the keyboard
---

#5DamageDealerzPosted 2/12/2011 11:39:41 AM
Slayn
Posted 2/12/2011 6:44:06 AM
message detail

User Name Perfect_flame
User ID 6051860
Awarded to users with positive karma after 48 hours. Can create 5 topics, 30 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

/thread

Unless I've missed some sort of fad on this board with game pad's, I see no reason as to why this isn't a legitimate question. If this isn't the case, no need to be an ass when this topic has a question which pertains to something a decent number of people play PC games with.
---
May 18'th 2009, First_Prototype, January 8'th 2008, Hyperteen, October 5'th 2010, jayyedX all lost account bets and followed through
#6Perfect_flame(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2011 12:18:05 PM
Slayn posted...

User Name Perfect_flame
User ID 6051860

/thread

Don't really follow what you mean there buddy but I figure it's a douche move lol
Anyway thanks for the answers, I figured you couldn't since it's not cross platform. Guess I'll just have to get use to the keyboard and mouse. This will be the first pc game I really spend a lot of time on.
#7cyborg99sreturnPosted 2/12/2011 9:50:10 PM
Slayn doesn't realize that Gamespot user info doesn't translate well on a GameFAQs message.
---
The metal blinds the eye of yet another lost existence...
#8KeyhPosted 2/12/2011 10:29:22 PM

User Name Perfect_flame
User ID 6051860

/thread

Really guy? I realize you haven't been around here very long, but new people do sign up for GameFAQs. Also, they Frequently Ask Questions about Games.
---
Xbox GT: Officer Mcfly PSN: OfficerMcFly
Other Tags: Keyh, VD Salad, Teh Omigosh, LMAONAISE
#9WonTontheFatPosted 2/12/2011 10:45:50 PM
No, there is no gamepad support.

However, if you really like using one, and are willing to take the time to work out how to map what you need to a gamepad, download Xpadder. It's pretty simple to use, and I use it anytime I want to play a game using a gamepad that doesn't support one. You'll never fully be free of a mouse and keyboard, but for general gameplay and combat, you can make it work if you spend time with it.

And don't like the nay-sayers influence you; just because they don't like it or don't think it can work, doesn't mean it won't work. I used to use a gamepad for WoW, and I was always near or at the top of PvP standings in matches - even at endgame.
#10Chorobes1Posted 2/13/2011 3:05:06 AM
ITT: Slayn gets owned after hoping to be awesome and get support from his fellow posters.