Can you play Rift with a Game-Pad?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rift
  3. Can you play Rift with a Game-Pad?

User Info: Perfect_flame

Perfect_flame
5 years ago#1
Like FF or Dc universe, I've always prefered the feel of a control..

User Info: apocalypsehorse

apocalypsehorse
5 years ago#2

no.

User Info: Slayn

Slayn
5 years ago#3
"Current Topic: "Can you play Rift with a Game-Pad?"

User Name Perfect_flame
User ID 6051860
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with positive karma after 48 hours. Can create 5 topics, 30 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

/thread

User Info: Frozensky

Frozensky
5 years ago#4
even if you could make the game accept a controller input, it's not going to be optimal due to the sheer number of bindings.

better bet is to get something designed specifically for PC games such as a Logitech G13, Belkin/Razer Nostromo, or Razer Naga if you must use something other than the keyboard

User Info: DamageDealerz

DamageDealerz
5 years ago#5
Slayn
Posted 2/12/2011 6:44:06 AM
message detail

User Name Perfect_flame
User ID 6051860
Awarded to users with positive karma after 48 hours. Can create 5 topics, 30 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

/thread

Unless I've missed some sort of fad on this board with game pad's, I see no reason as to why this isn't a legitimate question. If this isn't the case, no need to be an ass when this topic has a question which pertains to something a decent number of people play PC games with.
May 18'th 2009, First_Prototype, January 8'th 2008, Hyperteen, October 5'th 2010, jayyedX all lost account bets and followed through

User Info: Perfect_flame

Perfect_flame
5 years ago#6
Slayn posted...

User Name Perfect_flame
User ID 6051860

/thread

Don't really follow what you mean there buddy but I figure it's a douche move lol
Anyway thanks for the answers, I figured you couldn't since it's not cross platform. Guess I'll just have to get use to the keyboard and mouse. This will be the first pc game I really spend a lot of time on.

User Info: cyborg99sreturn

cyborg99sreturn
5 years ago#7
Slayn doesn't realize that Gamespot user info doesn't translate well on a GameFAQs message.
The metal blinds the eye of yet another lost existence...

User Info: Keyh

Keyh
5 years ago#8

User Name Perfect_flame
User ID 6051860

/thread

Really guy? I realize you haven't been around here very long, but new people do sign up for GameFAQs. Also, they Frequently Ask Questions about Games.
Xbox GT: Officer Mcfly PSN: OfficerMcFly
Other Tags: Keyh, VD Salad, Teh Omigosh, LMAONAISE

User Info: WonTontheFat

WonTontheFat
5 years ago#9
No, there is no gamepad support.

However, if you really like using one, and are willing to take the time to work out how to map what you need to a gamepad, download Xpadder. It's pretty simple to use, and I use it anytime I want to play a game using a gamepad that doesn't support one. You'll never fully be free of a mouse and keyboard, but for general gameplay and combat, you can make it work if you spend time with it.

And don't like the nay-sayers influence you; just because they don't like it or don't think it can work, doesn't mean it won't work. I used to use a gamepad for WoW, and I was always near or at the top of PvP standings in matches - even at endgame.

User Info: Chorobes1

Chorobes1
5 years ago#10
ITT: Slayn gets owned after hoping to be awesome and get support from his fellow posters.
  1. Boards
  2. Rift
  3. Can you play Rift with a Game-Pad?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived