Early pets at higher levels?

#1Dulcinea330Posted 3/4/2011 8:58:54 AM
If I never put points into a soul with pets, will that pet, and by extension usually that soul, eventually become useless due to their max level?
---
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. --Dante
#2DarkDruidSSPosted 3/4/2011 9:01:44 AM
Pets are just like all abilities. You have to go to the train to get new ranks to increase them. The new ranks increase their max level cap. If you hit the level cap for your pet then you need to rank it up so it will be your level.
---
Deicide Guild Leader - Defiant - RP PVP guild looking for recruits at www.deicideguild.com
Deicide: The killing of a god.
#3RickRollomgPosted 3/4/2011 9:26:38 AM
Some if not all pets have a level cap. I think the Razorbeast you get for Ranger has a cap of 20 that it can not level past.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.
#4Dulcinea330(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2011 9:28:04 AM
Ok, thanks. That's a huge help.
---
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate. --Dante
#5DarkDruidSSPosted 3/4/2011 9:33:56 AM
"Some if not all pets have a level cap. I think the Razorbeast you get for Ranger has a cap of 20 that it can not level past.

Correct me if I'm wrong though."

Incorrect, you can train your pet to get the next rank or ranks until it is the same level as you are. I am a 38 rogue and have only 4 points into ranger so that I can get the pet and the pet heal ability. My pet is level 38. I'm not sure what rank the pet is or what it's new level cap is, but you could use the zero point pet up till 50 even though the Greater Razorbeast will be better for tanking in the long run.
---
Deicide Guild Leader - Defiant - RP PVP guild looking for recruits at www.deicideguild.com
Deicide: The killing of a god.
#6RikkardPosted 3/4/2011 11:11:41 AM
Lesser Earth Elemental and the starter necromancer pet only go up to level 30 if you don't pick up the talent that gives you the "next level" of them which is like 21 points in.