The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

360 controller compatible?

#1gaminguruPosted 3/6/2011 1:25:19 AM
is it compatible with the 360 wireless controller?
#2Hotmagic18Posted 3/6/2011 3:31:27 AM
Probably not and even if it is I wouldn't suggest it.
---
Xbox Live GT: The Morning Zoo
#3Bastian772Posted 3/6/2011 6:11:33 AM(edited)
How in the world would you bind all your keys >_>

I'm sure you could come up with some way to do it with Xpadder. That's the only program I know of that will let you use a controller on this game, but I still think it would be difficult to control.
---
Asus P7P55D Pro | I7-870 @ 2.93ghz | 8GB Ripjaws DDR3-1600 | GTX 260 Superclocked
http://i51.tinypic.com/29mpooo.png http://i53.tinypic.com/p52xi.png
#4MarikhenPosted 3/6/2011 8:15:12 AM
Unless you could properly map the analog sticks to something approximating the mouse you'd be faced with KTS, Keyboard Turner Syndrome. If you could stand that, or work around it, it wouldn't be too terribly bad. At the very least you would be able to bind 3 buttons to control, alt, and shift and then another 5 for easy access stuff. There'd be another 4 you could bind as well, but not as easy access. Still, given that you'd be looking at straight buttons, shift, control+shift, alt+shift, control+alt+shift, control, control+alt, and alt combinations that'd give you around 40 different hotkeys.

Bleh, now I wish there were left-handed controllers, or that I could use my mouse left-handed. :-( I could get used to having 32 easily-accessed hotkeys on one hand like that.

Actually, if you use Autohotkey it might be possible to remap the mouse to the right analog stick and keyboard movement to the left. I know you can rebind mouse keys, after a fashion at least, as well as other things with it. At the very least you'd be able to right-click on stuff.
#5Prince_DarkDropPosted 3/6/2011 9:51:44 AM
Only MMO I feel comfortable using a controller on is DCUO in fact I would recommend playing it with one .
#6MUD VIPERPosted 3/6/2011 10:48:49 AM
If they would have supported the 360 controller along with the key pad.....problem solved.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you to can become a game tester.
#7pies12Posted 3/6/2011 2:22:22 PM
The problem is you'll be keyturning without using a mouse so no, that wouldn't solve anything.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#8MUD VIPERPosted 3/7/2011 10:32:20 AM
The problem is you'll be keyturning without using a mouse so no, that wouldn't solve anything

IF the controller was supported you would be turning with the right analog stick.
---
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you to can become a game tester.
#9AlabamaMan79Posted 3/7/2011 10:47:42 AM
Bunch of freaking geniuses in this thread.... *rollseyes*

"Xpadder"

Use it to bind your keys AND MOUSE to your X360 controller. It works, and works well, and it's very customizeable.

Best part? It's free software.
---
Gamertag: AlabamaMan79
When his wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man will bust her lip open.
#10MarikhenPosted 3/7/2011 4:12:15 PM
Can XPadder mod mouse clicks? I ask because if not proper controller support would require using AutoHotkey to map mouse clicks to buttons.