Looking for Warrior solo build (My current role inside)

#11KillZUMPosted 3/9/2011 1:33:17 PM
What are you using for your characters 2nd soul setup? I was just curious if you already had a tank spec since you're a warrior. I use the following two specs after having used something similar to what you listed in the beta:

I use this for all around questing & dungeon dps if I'm not tanking:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0ckuL.Eu0zV00rz.gcx

And this for tanking instances/Rifts/AoE:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cAhE.Vuqp0hk0o.E0R0o

The champion 2h damage is just ridiculous with all of the proc abilities you get between the Paragon & Champ souls. It's pretty common to basically just one shot targets who are even or +1 from your own level right after the initial bull rush + bloodthirst and you pickup nice AoE damage with the Titan strike for when it's needed in instances. Personally, I found this to be much more enjoyable to play on top of the huge damage output. Obviously it's more reliant on also having a good 2hander vs the non-physical damage you're currently working with, but that can go either way depending on how you want to look at it and your current gear.

If you need or want the AoE while you're not in a dungeon, you just swap specs real quick, rebuff and you're good to go for heavy AoE tanking. As far as solo AoE goes, I liked being able to take on more mobs of a higher level at once vs having more damage output simply b/c you already do a lot of AoE damage as a reaver; so the paladin works well for that even if you're only going to use a few points to pickup the block abilities. Either way, the tank spec listed works just fine for dungeons or solo AoE and you could ditch the threat ability points I've used if you only wanted to use it for soloing.
---
""If there is no check on the freedom of your words, then let your hearts be open to the freedom of our actions""
#12level 99 babePosted 3/9/2011 1:34:02 PM
You're not making any points here.

Where elemental touch and enhanced burst are in the riftblade tree (or whether or not they are "base" abilities, whatever that means) is irrelevent. They keep the damage high and comparable those who's attacks are scaling based on weapon damage. Your statement is false, and your response does nothing to support it.

Searing strike catches flamespear in damage in your late 30's if you're using a two handed weapon. People complain about flamespears damage because its high and easy to use, not because its massively superior in damage to other attacks.

Fork costs energy, and wastes a global cooldown. Applying fiery bust to all enemies is no different than the much cheaper and faster earth burst, which does equal damage, all up front, and snares/interupts.

Saying "properly" is the sign of someone with a weak argument. Planar blade is an alternative to storm blade, and many people find it more useful. It's an additional solution to any energy problems someone might be having. But it doesn't matter, riftblade damage is higher than any other warrior build without planar blade or storm blade.
---
"Your girlfriend's ***** is like early season arena gear. It's just given away, no rating required. You can practically pay others to get it FOR you."
#13level 99 babePosted 3/9/2011 1:37:55 PM
The champion 2h damage is just ridiculous with all of the proc abilities you get between the Paragon & Champ souls. It's pretty common to basically just one shot targets who are even or +1 from your own level right after the initial bull rush + bloodthirst and you pickup nice AoE damage with the Titan strike for when it's needed in instances. Personally, I found this to be much more enjoyable to play on top of the huge damage output. Obviously it's more reliant on also having a good 2hander vs the non-physical damage you're currently working with, but that can go either way depending on how you want to look at it and your current gear.

Champion damage is near to riftblade damage and is the only other warrior spec that comes close right now. But again, its damage is dependent on procs. A riftblade can do more damage, more consistently. It can also range down mobs before they get close if one is so inclined, risking 0 health.
---
"Your girlfriend's ***** is like early season arena gear. It's just given away, no rating required. You can practically pay others to get it FOR you."
#14KillZUMPosted 3/9/2011 1:52:35 PM
Champion damage is near to riftblade damage and is the only other warrior spec that comes close right now. But again, its damage is dependent on procs. A riftblade can do more damage, more consistently. It can also range down mobs before they get close if one is so inclined, risking 0 health.

Agreed. That' why I only use it for engaging 1-3 mobs at once while i'm out questing and then the tank spec for AoE. Maybe i'm just lucky, but it seems pretty rare to not have at least one proc incoming almost all the time simply based on how many there are with the champ/para focus.

Since he didn't mention a second spec, I figured i'd just throw that out there as a possibility while i'm sitting here waiting for the work day to end.
---
""If there is no check on the freedom of your words, then let your hearts be open to the freedom of our actions""
#15AdangerousGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2011 1:57:49 PM
@KillZUM
I am fairly new and I never completed a dungeon(in any MMO) but I did make a Tank class. It is very similar to the one you posted

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0cAhm.xuqkhhk0b.E0Ro

I haven't gotten around to testing it out but probably will soon, and my third available slot is where I was going to put my dps.

Thanks guys.

@level 99 babe I would like to see what your build for a lvl 31 solo run would look like. Pure Riftblade?
---
Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some abuse this privilege
Gamertag: Oaksler
#16level 99 babePosted 3/9/2011 2:20:24 PM
@level 99 babe I would like to see what your build for a lvl 31 solo run would look like. Pure Riftblade?

Certainly 31 in riftblade. Then whatever is left over (8 I think?) in either paladin (block and small arms damage) or champion (take no prisoners and grim satisfaction)
---
#17george43Posted 3/9/2011 2:50:59 PM
Ragvald posted...
Ragvald posted...

I have 5 points in it and just so you know it's elemental damage so it effects both skills.

Then you never trained up your ranks.

Flamespear base damage hits higher than searing strike and when under the effects of a burst, flamespear hits even higher (almost a 100 damage point differential) as only part of searing strike damage gets buffed.

You know how I know? Because I just tested it to double check.

I can fraps it, post it on youtube and make every non-flamespear spamming riftblade in this thread look like an idiot.
#18RagvaldPosted 3/9/2011 2:57:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19SuperSaiyanNeoPosted 3/9/2011 3:00:29 PM

My Paladin can jump into a invasion mixed with elites and normal mobs my level and solo it.

#20level 99 babePosted 3/9/2011 3:12:59 PM
Flamespear base damage hits higher than searing strike and when under the effects of a burst, flamespear hits even higher (almost a 100 damage point differential) as only part of searing strike damage gets buffed.

You know how I know? Because I just tested it to double check.

I can fraps it, post it on youtube and make every non-flamespear spamming riftblade in this thread look like an idiot.

Again, your aggressive language compromises your position.

You need a better weapon if you're seeing such a spread in damage. If you're using a blue or above two hander appropriate for your level, and you're above level ~38, searing strike damage will equal, or be very near to, your flamespear damage. Your frost strike, frost buffed searing strike, and rift strike, will all be above the damage of flamespear.
---