Mage solo elite/rift builds?

#1TheRaven1406Posted 3/11/2011 2:49:14 AM
What are the best builds for soloing as a mage, for example when there is no one around to help with a rift or an elite quest?

I think you need

1) a tank pet lvl with no lvl cap - so necro or ele at least 21pts
2) ways to heal yourself and your pet and gain mana back in combat
3) crowd control
4) AOE damage

There is the obvious Necro (40+)/ Warlock (20+) /Dominator (0) Build, but that might be a bit too "generic" for me
What about
Ele (40+) / Chloromancer (16+) / Dominator , (is healing your pet with synthesis possible?)

Can you also use Warlock, Stormcaller, Pyromancer, Chloromancer as a main soul (32+ pts) for a solo build ?
#2Paint_ChipsPosted 3/11/2011 2:51:05 AM
Buffs work on friendly players and pets usually, so I don't see why not.
#3cyborg99sreturnPosted 3/11/2011 9:54:13 AM
Yes, Synthesis can be cast on your pet.
---
The metal blinds the eye of yet another lost existence...
#4cyborg99sreturnPosted 3/11/2011 10:09:46 AM(edited)
I have NO idea if this will help you or not, but something I threw up on a whim.
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRqz.xdhuo.Exhz0goAtz.hMc

The idea is to get Nature's Touch, Bloom, and Flourish for healing power to your pet from Chloromancer, some buffs for you and your pet from Archon, and just beefing up your pet in general from Elementalist.
You might think I'm crazy for not suggesting Imp. Lightning Strike, but you need to consider how little free casting time you'll likely have between juggling Nature's Touch, Velocity's debuff, Archon's debuffs, etc.
What you impressed upon me is that you were looking for something with ultimate survivability, so that's what I tried to give you, lemme know what you think.

EDIT: It just occured to me how close this build is from Elemental Armor. You'd lose the improved Pillaging Stone buff, but if you take out Strength of Stone and put in Charged, you can get Elemental Armor. Here's what the build would look like.
http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRqz.xdhuo.ExIz0goAtz.hM
---
#5Nebel88Posted 3/11/2011 10:24:41 AM
I have leveled to 30 solo with my Necromancer/Stormcaller/Dominator. Most of my talent points were spent in my necromancer.
#6cyborg99sreturnPosted 3/11/2011 10:29:35 AM
Nebel88
Posted 3/11/2011 12:24:41 PM
message detail

I have leveled to 30 solo with my Necromancer/Stormcaller/Dominator. Most of my talent points were spent in my necromancer.

1) Necro/SC/Dom? What the hell? There's no synergy there...
2) I think you need to read the topic.
---