The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Question about weapons for a Bard/Marksman.

#1XboxBlokePosted 3/15/2011 1:47:22 PM
First off I'm going to say here I NEVER plan on playing a melee soul with my rogue.

I know all of my Bard abilities are scaled according to weapon damage but other than that it's very unspecific... What weapon does it scale from? MH, OH, ranged? Is it better to have slow, harder hitting weapons than daggers?

And on the Marksman side of things what stats should I be browsing for on ranged weapons? I'm assuming dexterity is my main focus but what stats follow that?
---
Rygol - Eth Cleric, Imperium EU.
Shields prevent falling damage in Rift, therefore Rift is the best game ever
#2XboxBloke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2011 9:13:59 AM
bump
---
#3WriterJasonPosted 3/16/2011 12:17:05 PM(edited)
For Bard, when it says "does weapon damage plus xx life damage" it refers to an average of all 3 weapons. This info was from a post back in the beta, and being full spec Bard, I can tell you it seems pretty solid.

Focusing only on dps as a Bard though is bad, as there are only two main attacks you'll be using in parties/raids. Cadence and Coda of restoration. Your dps output will affect Cadence, which will in turn boost your heals, but outside of that you will never out dps other dedicated dps souls. It's a sad fact of life. Jack of all trades, master of none.

You average group/raid fight will consist of this:

buff motifs
cadence to 5 points
debuff coda 1
cadence to 5
debuff coda 2
cadence to 5
heal coda

rebuff
rinse, repeat

You probably won't have time to do anything else. If you want to improve Bard even more, get Blade dancer for the 5 points in hit, nightblade for the two important dps boosts (Blazing Fury, as it boosts your cadence heal, and Coup De Grace for the bonus to finishers). Put the rest in Bard.

Just an opinion, but a gimped bard gimps the party. Even with melee souls, you'll never ever even melee other than auto attack in soloing. All your attacks are ranged as Bard. Marksman is an abolute waste IMO.
---
PSN: Kanemura ~/~ XBL: Kanemura
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde
#4XboxBloke(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2011 12:20:16 PM
Appreciate all of the tips and advice.

Got a bit confused at one point but I think that's due to me wording the title badly - I'm planning on using Bard and Marksman in seperate roles.

But it's nice to see someone that actually does decent posts, cheers :D
---
#5ShanobusPosted 3/17/2011 4:40:15 AM
Well said WriterJason. I agree with having 5 points in hit for Bladedancer. More hit decreases the chances of Cadence missing and I believe that 5 points in hit should be mandatory for any bard that plans to go the healing route.