If someone asked you why they should play Rift over WoW, what would you say?

#1RenegadeDrowPosted 3/30/2011 10:54:59 PM
I love Rift, but I'm starting to think the only reason I'm liking it so much is because of how sick I am of WoW. I don't want to get into an argument on the similarities between Rift and WoW but if someone honestly came up to me and asked me why they should play Rift over World of Warcraft, I would have no idea what to say.

Opinions?
---
Listen carefully.
#2pies12Posted 3/30/2011 10:56:28 PM
Your first sentence is my opinion.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#3Jiga35Posted 3/30/2011 11:13:29 PM
Don't care, man.

I play what is fun and enjoying. I don't try to think everything to death.
---
"Heavy boots of lead fills his victims full of dread. Running as fast as they can, Iron Man lives again." -Black Sabbath
#4KrutoniusPosted 3/31/2011 2:59:35 PM
I played WoW for a few months last year and i quit because, obviously, I was 6 years behind everyone. I felt overwhelmed because I really wanted the whole WoW experience but that would take forever. Rift's similarity to WoW appealed to me because I can get that "WoW" experience and not be years behind.
---
Sabrina's entire gym falls before the mighty OMNOMNOMN tactics. -RickyLosolla
Tell your friend to go rape a landmine -NiteShadeX
#5N0tYrBeezinPosted 3/31/2011 3:03:00 PM

RenegadeDrow posted...
I love Rift, but I'm starting to think the only reason I'm liking it so much is because of how sick I am of WoW. I don't want to get into an argument on the similarities between Rift and WoW but if someone honestly came up to me and asked me why they should play Rift over World of Warcraft, I would have no idea what to say.

Opinions?
---
Listen carefully.

Just say that you are suffering from WoW burnout! Now that wasn't so hard was it?

#6foodeater4Posted 3/31/2011 3:09:11 PM
I'd probably talk about the different art styles of the game. In my experiances the biggest reason I hear for people hating WoW is they dont like the cartoony graphics.

The second biggest reason I hear for people hating WoW, bad community. Every game has a good community besides WoW, Rift is no exception.

The feeling of being behind. Rift is new, the players are new. If you join a dungeon group for the first time and dont know what your doing you probably wont get booted out of the group like you would in WoW. Even though they revamped the entire old world, its already empty again.

Rift has more classes. I always though that was kind of weak in WoW making an MMO with only 8 classes to start. I like all the choices Rift has to offer.

Price: Rift might cost a bit less overall, since theres no expacs to buy at this time. And WoW is so easy to level youll need those expacs sooner then later.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
#7n0matterPosted 3/31/2011 3:10:17 PM
I'd say they shouldn't. Because everything they dislike about WoW is present in Rift. The rep grinding, the same repetetive questing, the same cookie cutter specs, the elitism (yes, it's already there), the dungeon crawling, head-slamming raid schedules, battlegrounds, etc. I can't think of anything in WoW that inspires burnout that isn't also a predominant game mechic in Rift.
#8KrutoniusPosted 3/31/2011 3:19:43 PM
I'd say they shouldn't. Because everything they dislike about WoW is present in Rift. The rep grinding, the same repetetive questing, the same cookie cutter specs, the elitism (yes, it's already there), the dungeon crawling, head-slamming raid schedules, battlegrounds, etc. I can't think of anything in WoW that inspires burnout that isn't also a predominant game mechic in Rift.

if you're burned out of WoW because of those reasons than you are probably burned out of MMOs in general and should take a break
---
Sabrina's entire gym falls before the mighty OMNOMNOMN tactics. -RickyLosolla
Tell your friend to go rape a landmine -NiteShadeX
#9TrashfacePosted 3/31/2011 4:39:17 PM

Warcraft looks like an N64 game. EQ2 was already far beyond WoW in quality, but Rift's atmosphere is beautiful.

#10CyrlousPosted 3/31/2011 4:52:06 PM
I made a whole other topic regarding this issue and why I love this game. For me, the dynamic nature of the world where events are constantly happening and there really seems to be a constant sense of a world under siege is really cool. The fact that I can be involved in huge, epic, zone-spanning invasion events pretty much right from the jump is awesome. In WoW I feel like I have to get to level 70 or 80 before the game really even starts whereas with this game I feel involved right from the get-go.
---
Ness rules!