Mage PvP Specs

#1DarkDruidSSPosted 3/31/2011 6:31:13 AM
Just curious what you mages are using for your PvP specs. I know that Pyro seems to be a favorite even though it isn't one that I can get into. I'm level 26 at the moment and loving my 26 SC/6 Ele/2 Arch build. I can't post the build right now though. I like the build because I can do aoe damage to prevent flag/fang caps and I get a couple roots that damage and snares to slow people down. So far this is the most fun spec I have played in PvP. Next favorite is my chloro/lock/dom build.

What are you guys using? What do you like about it?
---
Deicide Guild Leader - Defiant - RP PVP guild looking for recruits at www.deicideguild.com
Deicide: The killing of a god.
#2mimycriPosted 3/31/2011 8:25:53 AM
dominator+storm caller+elementalist. instant squirrel, anti healer and anti heal abilities. mana draining. high crit insta neural spiking, multiple knockbacks and slows and roots. not a high dps build but it does it's job. mainly controlling the field.
#3DarkDruidSS(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2011 5:03:49 AM
I'll have to try that out some time. For some reason I just can't get into the pyro build that everyone seems to be using. I'll keep playing with it to give it a through testing... while it does a lot more damage than my sc/ele/archmage build it doesn't have as much CC... I really like the snares, roots and aoe that SC offers.

I know I have been beaten by dominator specs. Mana wrench strips my mana away... big downside for the build i have is I can only get mana back outside of combat unless I pop a potion.
---
Deicide Guild Leader - Defiant - RP PVP guild looking for recruits at www.deicideguild.com
Deicide: The killing of a god.
#4XboxBlokePosted 4/1/2011 5:05:55 AM
DarkDruidSS posted...
For some reason I just can't get into the pyro build that everyone seems to be using.

That's because the PvP pyro spec encourages being a mindless, idiotic turret.
---
Visas - Bahmi Mage, Imperium PvP EU
Shields prevent falling damage in Rift, therefore Rift is the best game ever
#5Paint_ChipsPosted 4/1/2011 5:21:44 AM
No, it's because he's level 26. Dom/storm is much better at that level just because mages are weak before the 40's bracket, so having lots of CC is more useful than doing more damage.

Or, at least that was true before 1.1. I haven't done low level pvp since the patch.