Thinking about using Autohotkey

#1DukequakemPosted 4/1/2011 11:06:24 AM
Hey board,

I have a Sham/Druid/Justi and have most of my abilities macro'd together to one hotkey. I was thinking of using the progrom autohotkeys set up so that whenever I press a certain key it basically acts as a turbo button for my macro. Anyone know if that is against the Rift ToS? (Or if it's detectable :p)
---
i5-2500k @ 4.4 / TFII GTX 560ti OC'd / 8GBs G.Skill DDR3 / Other stuff
#2XboxBlokePosted 4/1/2011 11:36:52 AM
So you basically can't even be bothered to mash a single key?

Good god what's the world coming to.
---
Visas - Bahmi Mage, Imperium PvP EU
Shields prevent falling damage in Rift, therefore Rift is the best game ever
#3AlessarPosted 4/1/2011 11:44:11 AM
It does rather explain why so many people think damage is all that matters. They're completely incapable of playing on a tactical level. They're completely used to maxxing damage to a level that makes a more modest build seem 'deficient' instead of 'baseline' and it's done to compensate for the lack of buff/debuff.

I could see having a macro to cast all the Bard Motiffs or all your buffs you need to recast when you die and rez. At the point you've put every attack on a button I don't think you're really even playing, you're doing what we used to call when people playing fighting games couldn't actually consciously block and combo, "spastic child mode."
#4Dukequakem(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2011 12:50:28 PM
I don't think you can make assumptions about being "incapable". I am quite capable and skilled. In my heyday playing wow, I was in the 200th best guild in the world in progression. (During WotLK) I was in an arena team rated over 2000 for all WotLK pvp seasons. I'm perfectly capable. I just want to be lazy... :)
---
#5Lucavi000Posted 4/1/2011 3:35:40 PM

I don't think you can make assumptions about being "incapable". I am quite capable and skilled. In my heyday playing wow, I was in the 200th best guild in the world in progression. (During WotLK) I was in an arena team rated over 2000 for all WotLK pvp seasons. I'm perfectly capable. I just want to be lazy... :)

Being good during wrath is like being good at falling asleep at night.
---
I would give you an Internet hug, but I play a belf so I can't stand to lose another man card. - Pegusus123456
#6Dukequakem(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2011 10:29:33 PM(edited)
Sure WotLK wasn't the hardest content in normal modes... but when you are getting server first hard modes, it can be a little challenging. Server first One Light. Server first Grand Crusader, etc, etc. I've regularly raided since Vanilla and honestly nothing from Vanilla or TBC come close to the difficulty of fights like server first Sartharion with all the drakes up. Or Firefighter.... god firefighter.

edited for clarity
---
#7xJehodxPosted 4/2/2011 12:52:29 AM
I don't know, when AQ40 just came out it was fairly difficult. By which I mean bloody impossible.
Everything else just pales in comparison.

On Topic: No third party programs that play the game for you are allowed.
---
PSN - Habbalah
White FC - 0218 0189 9315
#8Wasted_SpacemanPosted 4/2/2011 6:15:34 AM
lol server first One Light? That's not noteworthy, nor is it even considered a realm first. A world top 200 doesn't mention things like that. Maybe a top-200 AU guild.
---
p_q I am the most fosiphicated. Two monoclometers. - Daniel_Hibiki
#9xan46Posted 4/2/2011 7:17:57 AM
Jeez guys, stop comparing e-peen size. It's pressing buttons on a keyboard, he typed out a topic title and message, he is capable of using a keyboard. He's easily proved that. AutoHotKey wouldn't be detectable, I say go crazy with it.