Mage Dungeon Build

#1forkboy80Posted 4/23/2011 6:25:53 AM
I just started a mage and I was wanting to know some good builds. For dungeons, Leveling, and PVP. Let me know, Right now i am a necro/lock at lvl 26 and it is pretty good at just flowing and killing. I really have no downtime, but i really want a uber dps build for dungeons and what not.
#2Boyette1Posted 4/23/2011 9:11:20 AM
Stormcaller for aoe. Pyro for single target. I use necro/lock right now at level 33.
#3cyborg99sreturnPosted 4/23/2011 9:14:14 AM
Boyette1 posted...
Stormcaller for aoe. Pyro for single target. I use necro/lock right now at level 33.

(The funny thing about this is that Stormcaller is one of the top single target specs atm, along with Necro/Lock)
---
The metal blinds the eye of yet another lost existence...
#4Boyette1Posted 4/23/2011 9:16:43 AM
Yea it is a great single target spec but I prefer pyro to storm. Really I don't like stormcaller to much. It feels cheap lol.
#5connor1233Posted 4/23/2011 1:16:17 PM
Storm's only really brilliant Single target DPS if your supported by another storm.
#6AztechPosted 4/23/2011 4:44:34 PM(edited)
connor1233 posted...
Storm's only really brilliant Single target DPS if your supported by another storm.

This is a common misconception. The status effect bar shows as if the debuffs from multiple SCs are stacking on the mob, but they actually don't. Multiple SCs do not inherently affect each other's damage. This display bug should be fixed after 1.2.

However, the SC spell Static Discharge affects all allies in your party, so having a party with as many DPS + pets in it as possible will affect a SC's total damage output. Careful planning around this mechanic is what makes SC the best single target and AoE DPS in the game right now.

And it's not even by a small margin, Stormcallers do more damage in every situation than all other specs.