What would drive me to play this now?

#1The White HandPosted 8/7/2013 12:17:48 PM
Always looking for a good MMO. I go back to WoW over and over again because even though the community is shrinking... there is a community. :-) I played rights on and off the first year, but my machine wasn't good enough to really take advantage of the good graphics. I kept thinking about coming back after I got a new machine, but just never did.

So, what about now? I feel like everything I have read is that the community in Rift is really /shrinking/ not growing, but I hate hearsay. What is your guys experiences? People still running raids and dungeons? Easy to find players to experience content with? I don't have a pre-built group of friends to join games with me. :-)

Thanks for your help! Talk to you soon...
#2BIadeBIadePosted 8/10/2013 2:31:25 AM
I don't know anything about pre-level cap content.

Tank dungeon queues in the early afternoon take roughly whatever my latency is at the time.
Raids seem fairly common to pug, although most groups don't go for full clears for some reason unless it's a 10-man.
---
http://dotabuff.com/players/52876758 | PSO2JP - Rasmolov@Ship 10
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21215455 | Rift - Zantoma @ Threesprings <Transience>
#3EDarienPosted 8/11/2013 8:26:21 PM
I don't know about grouping up specifically for running dungeons, but chat is always going when I play. the various level brackets have channels and, as you level up, you retain your old bracket channels while adding new ones. The more you level, the larger the community gets for you.

As for the dungeons/group content, Rift has a "dynamic" system where you can queue up for large groups in the world and it teleports you around while giving quests for your group to do. It's still typically the "go here, kill X mob, gather Y resource" but you're all grouped up to do it and earn rewards as you go. It's very fast paced and dungeons are still an option. I'm not sure how queue times are for dungeons, though as I haven't run them in a while. I will say that dungeons are pretty much like WoW, though where people expect you to know what you're doing, which isn't always fair since there are mechanics in some fights.

Honestly, it's the same kind of community as WoW, but with slightly different tastes in pixels and/or ability/desire to pay a monthly sub. It's a fun game and I do recommend it, but if you're looking for an MMO because you've played them before, you likely know exactly what to expect, whether that be for good or ill.
---
On a scale of 1 to Voldemort, he's a "Doesn't have a nose, but doesn't know Evada Kedabra." - RAGEface14
#4EvanW1109Posted 8/12/2013 8:57:12 AM
I've been bouncing around MMO's since my WoW days (stopped in 2009). I couldn't find anything to keep me occupied and would play something for a month and be done. RIFT is the first MMO I have played since that has held my attention. I am now into Storm Legion content well on my way to level cap and I picked it up shortly after it went F2P.

I have found it to be the most community friendly game since WoW. A lot of people like to group and help, and the games design promotes that through public groups when people are in the same area. As DPS I will queue a dungeon and start my questing and then when I get it I jump in. Can take 15-20 minutes during the day (EST) and then 5-10 in the evening on average.

I got lucky with my Guild to. I joined one off of a chat post because it felt like a good one after the poster answered my questions and my intuition was right, they are fantastic. That has helped with my experience.
#5LordFreezerPosted 9/1/2013 5:12:17 AM
This game has become packed ever since it became f2p. Queues for PVP are practically instantaneous.
#6AlessarPosted 9/10/2013 3:57:46 PM
It's a good game, lots of people are consistently playing it, there's new content in active development. If you like it, go for it.
#7Moon_catPosted 9/20/2013 2:41:38 PM
Leaderboard number one guy just quit RIFT for FFXIV.

After my patron pass finished I'm gonna play FFXIV.

RIFT's F2P model is getting really bad, remind me AION which I hated it.
---
Girls never fart!!!
#8Edavy89Posted 9/26/2013 6:43:33 AM
Moon_cat posted...

Lol@ffxiv
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#9hobs2605Posted 9/27/2013 12:27:30 PM
Edavy89 posted...
Moon_cat posted...

Lol@ffxiv

---
GameFAQs: Trolls trolling trolls.