Decided to Come Back

#1AlphadewdewPosted 8/15/2013 12:09:48 PM
Literally the first thing I did after going ahead and making a new character was see this in chat:

Guy 1: "Your gay"
Guy 2: "You're gay"
Guy 3: "*You're"
Guy 4: "*You're"
Guy 5: "I'm gay too"
Guy 6: "I'm gay"

Nearly word for word. I stopped paying attention there. I remember trying the game out before it went F2P, and the starting zones were basically empty. I'm glad Rift is getting more attention, but I might hold off until school starts up in couple weeks.

And people complain about WoW's trade chat.
#2SavageSoul21Posted 8/15/2013 12:40:16 PM
bad luck on your part. I just started for the first time in rift a few days ago and haven't seen anything outside of players bashing on WoW.
---
"Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock"
#3Alphadewdew(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 1:28:29 PM
That would be my luck. Good to hear it's not as bad as it seemed.
#4xanadooPosted 8/15/2013 1:52:44 PM
I came back a few weeks ago, after two years; and I just ignore chat. it's kind of silly to complain about chat in any game, they all suck, F2P or subscription. Unless you think Chuck Norris jokes are the epitome of humor. That's why there are guilds and chat channels.
#5BIadeBIadePosted 8/15/2013 5:52:44 PM
xanadoo posted...
I came back a few weeks ago, after two years; and I just ignore chat. it's kind of silly to complain about chat in any game, they all suck, F2P or subscription. Unless you think Chuck Norris jokes are the epitome of humor. That's why there are guilds and chat channels.

this

100x this
---
http://dotabuff.com/players/52876758 | PSO2JP - Rasmolov@Ship 10
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/21215455 | Rift - Zantoma @ Threesprings <Transience>
#6MarikhenPosted 8/16/2013 11:29:21 PM
Personally I don't really see the problem. If I wanted to take part in an intellectual conversation I wouldn't be on the planet Earth. :-)

Seriously though, while that sort of thing might comprise over half of the "public" conversations in the game it's been my experience that you can't really expect better out of most MMOs. It'd be nice were Rift different, but it's not. :-/
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.