How dead is this game now ?

#1YusukenlPosted 10/29/2013 12:49:00 AM
Are there people playing it ?
---
3DS FC: 2122-6776-9651
#2MarikhenPosted 10/29/2013 7:35:55 PM
Yes, people are still playing it, but after they added a couple new servers for the F2P launch they've finally gotten around to merging 3 servers into others' Kinda irks me because literally every time they merge servers I'm playing on one of them. The rest seem pretty active, but without knowing what the actual population caps are and what the text descriptions mean in terms of numbers I couldn't say just how active.
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#3WarBeaglePosted 11/21/2013 10:05:10 AM
I still get nearly instant queues as a tank or healer. Couldn't tell you how long the wait is for support or DPS though.

The game is still pretty busy, but a lot of MMOs are (such as EQ2). People think that just because a game isn't WoW and only has a handful of servers, it must be "dead". I actually find that there is a lot more activity on the handful of servers than on many of the multitudes of WoW servers.
---
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.
#4AC_DragonfirePosted 11/22/2013 7:29:42 AM
WarBeagle posted...
I still get nearly instant queues as a tank or healer. Couldn't tell you how long the wait is for support or DPS though.

The game is still pretty busy, but a lot of MMOs are (such as EQ2). People think that just because a game isn't WoW and only has a handful of servers, it must be "dead". I actually find that there is a lot more activity on the handful of servers than on many of the multitudes of WoW servers.

True that. I hate WoW servers. Pay 15 bucks just to server transfer. On Rift it's FREE. HOLY COSMOS. Got tired of WoW's cash making scheme. If people wanna waste their money on that crap then go ahead.

Rift is still alive and doing fairly well. I don't play myself because 5 man heroics are ridiculous and the whole Storm Legion 5 man dungeons just require too much strategy to complete. Let's just say they are 3x harder than first few months of Cata in 5 man heroics. Also warriors suck for the most part if they're not the 1 ranged spec they have or the 3~ tank specs they use. Melee sucks too much **** for me to care. My mage is amazingly fun and whatnot. Oh well.
#5SolasunPosted 11/25/2013 6:53:39 AM
Let me guess above poster; you can't melee Necrotic Throne? >_>;

I don't blame you - I mained a Warrior; I liked Tempest up until they decided 'LOLTEMPESTDOESN'TNEEDSELF-SUSTAIN' and took out Bio-electric Transfer (instead of nerfing it a little) and made the rotation a faceroll rotation. Couple that with my alternative being 'Learn Paragon' and Riftblade it got frustrating. Fast.

Especially on the boss before Necrotic Throne with his 90 degree cleave and pools of garbage at his back.
---
"They're trees. Upside down. On floating islands.
The awesomeness is overwhelming." ~ crusader4him
#6AC_DragonfirePosted 12/3/2013 2:19:38 AM
Solasun posted...
Let me guess above poster; you can't melee Necrotic Throne? >_>;

I don't blame you - I mained a Warrior; I liked Tempest up until they decided 'LOLTEMPESTDOESN'TNEEDSELF-SUSTAIN' and took out Bio-electric Transfer (instead of nerfing it a little) and made the rotation a faceroll rotation. Couple that with my alternative being 'Learn Paragon' and Riftblade it got frustrating. Fast.

Especially on the boss before Necrotic Throne with his 90 degree cleave and pools of garbage at his back.

I've done melee against Necrotic Throne plenty of times.