Ascension code

#1PlageronPosted 5/17/2014 4:52:12 PM
um if anyone is interested in trying this game or just want the boost from this.

here is an ascension code link.

https://rift.trionworlds.com/account/reg/account-registration-short-flow.action?voucherCode=Y3JCKKPXTYR6XD6RF6PQ&request_locale=en&experience=aaf&utm_source=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ascend_invite

hope this helps people
#2MarikhenPosted 5/20/2014 2:07:49 AM(edited)
Technically this post probably violates posting guidelines regarding "Advertising." However, as people clicking on the link receive three potentially useful benefits and the TC isn't guaranteed a reward unless you pay something*1 I'm not going to report it. That said caveat emptor, the TC is benefiting from this at least as much as you.

Here's a brief rundown of what the person using his link will get:
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/991/~/ascend-a-friend

What it boils down to is that any time you spend cash on the game after using his link to create an account he will receive "referral coins." There is no time limit or dollar amount listed so if you dropped $100,000 on the game 15 years from now (if it were still around) he'd still get coins. Furthermore while his benefits are reliant on you spending money on the game your benefits are not so limited. Finally, while the text does not indicate whether the rewards are for a single character or your entire account the "on your next login" and the fact that his rewards would be on a per-character, not account, basis would suggest that it's for a single character only.

If anyone wants to read what the actual players have to say in a relatively recent topic on the matter: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/427087-new-ascend-friend-stuff.html

*1 - This refers, so far as I know, solely to whoever sets up their account using his link when they spend cash on the game. If you obtain patron status time or credits any other way, such as buying REX (1250 credits, 2500 loyalty, in-game item) and redeeming them, and then using those credits to buy a patron status token and using it, it will likely not result in the TC getting referral coins while you retain your benefits.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#3vahndragonwingPosted 5/20/2014 7:45:11 AM
Marikhen posted...
Technically this post probably violates posting guidelines regarding "Advertising."

Nah, the Recruit-A-Friend and Scroll of Resurrection for WoW are both able to have posts made. I think it's cool as long as it's an in-game recruitment or referral thing.
---
IMO
3050-9023-0902
#4MarikhenPosted 5/20/2014 7:30:23 PM
vahndragonwing posted...
Nah, the Recruit-A-Friend and Scroll of Resurrection for WoW are both able to have posts made. I think it's cool as long as it's an in-game recruitment or referral thing.

I've seen AAF posts from here pulled in the past, and similar posts for EVE Online's buddy referral program get yanked quite often as well.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?