Deathfish related - What am I doing wrong?

#1BreadSkinPosted 12/6/2010 1:18:15 PM
I have 10 Angelfishes in my inventory, my Fishing level is at 10, I'm at the Mausoleum pond at midnight - 5:00am, heck I can even see that bloody fish in the water. However, I've been reloading and fishing for the 5th time now and the Deathfish still refuses to be hooked.

Am I doing something wrong, or does the game just hate me?
---
PSN: BreadSkin
Oh noes, I hasn't deleted my account!
#2jonny41177Posted 12/6/2010 3:44:21 PM
Make sure you use right bait, buy the book at library and learn how to catch it. Only reasons i can think of why your not catching it.
#3BreadSkin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2010 3:58:40 PM
Do they only "appear" if I inspect the water and they appear on the list? Or can I fish them regardless?
---
PSN: BreadSkin
Oh noes, I hasn't deleted my account!
#4carlzeiss23Posted 12/6/2010 11:45:11 PM
read the book about deathfish, go to the cementary @ 12am, cast lucky karma to that sim, and fish bait with angelfish. Angler and lvl10 fishing also helps for perfect deathfish
#5calvin_0Posted 12/7/2010 12:09:02 AM
the "spot" is abit hard to find, even if you saw the fish, it doesnt mean its there. you need to find a spot that say "Vampire Fish, Deathfish", also after you catch a number of deathfish the spot will disappear regardless of the the time.

use collection helper to help you find the spot (it will glow). also catch 10 deathfish, make a pond with the water tool in the landscaping option on your house and stock it with deathfish (click on the pond, and choose stock pond, you dont need fishing kill to do this), you can get it easily that way. you can also stock alley catfish and anglefish this way to get everything in one pond.

however i dont recommend you to stock other fish in the same spot as it decrease the change of getting deathfish. so find other spot that doesnt say deathfish and stock it with the fish of your choice.

another good thing about stocking pond is you'll get unlimited number of that fish in your pond however because the pond isnt a fishing spot, it take longer time to catch a fish.
---
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
#6Died AgainPosted 12/7/2010 12:31:28 PM
I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I'm having the same problem. I also have no ghosts on my cemetery lot. I think the whole lot just needs to be reset, but I don't see any way to do that in a console game.

I have caught deathfish in the past and I know how to do it, it's just not happening at all. I could stand there and fish from 1-5 am every night and never catch a single thing. Whatever it is on that lot that triggers the fish and the ghosts isn't working properly in my game.

I certainly hope there is a patch before they break for x-mas. There was a huge patch for Late Night (pc expansion) which was released on the same day as the console games...I'm hoping now that it is out of the way that a console patch can become a priority.
#7rns91294Posted 12/9/2010 10:28:57 AM
I was never able to catch one with an angelfish, but as soon as I started using a red herring, I kept on catching them. Try using that as bait instead. It worked for me....multiple times.
#8vbroadwayPosted 12/9/2010 5:18:14 PM
I caught several deathfish at around 6PM, I just happened to go there and checked the water and it said deathfish and vampire fish. I have not been able to get them since though.