Marriage

#1jackoftrades222Posted 1/4/2011 1:39:51 PM
Hello,
I was wondering how do you marry? I got Williow Lyrd, assuming she is in everyones game, as a love interest and even a full bar. She is now single, and I've been having her over at night and woohooing like crazy. But I am tired of the cold emotionless woohooing and want to marry her, actually I want to marry her, so I can control her and use her as a host for the female sim I made, but missed my chance to import, unless you can import after you start the game.

Anyways, I've woohooed her a lot, and been checking all the options and nothing has came up about marriage at all. So how do I do it? How do I marry her?

Also if there is a way to import after the family has been created, do tell. Thanks.
#2tsilver34Posted 1/4/2011 7:04:21 PM
Unless it's different (Which I doubt) with Sims who don't already exist in your household, the option is under the romantic talking tab. It's simply "Propose Marriage".

---
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far one can go."
Support RE:Outbreak! http://www.supportoutbreak.com/
#3BigCheesySanPosted 1/5/2011 8:19:46 AM
You have to do a lot of friendly actions before "ask to move in" option comes up under "Friendly" - and I believe it's the same for marriage - a lot of romance actions before the "propose" will be available under "Romance".
#4CaptainSnowmanPosted 1/5/2011 9:52:31 AM
First of all you have to propose going steady with her under the romantic options (sometimes you have to do a few romantic options) then do the same but with propose engagement. The option to marry should then appear.
---
Hey, Commander, we got Garrus back! That's Great, because he was totally my favourite. With that pole up his ass. -Joker, Mass Effect
#5jackoftrades222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2011 11:25:35 AM
Alrighty then, I actually found out how to marry on my own. Found out, by seeing that Massage once an option some of the time, so I decided to keep doing romantic actions until Propose Steady came up and the rest is history. So do I have to move into Williow's house or can she move in to mine, If the former, where is her house and once I do move in, do I get to control her?
#6d4rk0n3Posted 1/5/2011 11:53:46 AM
Once you're married you don't automatically move in together.
You then have to use 'Friendly' interractions until the 'Ask to Move In' option becomes available.
#7RudeJohnPosted 1/5/2011 1:22:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8jackoftrades222(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2011 5:31:48 PM
Thanks for all the help. It all worked out. Now we have a topic about marriage that is more detailed than the others. So hopefully this helps others out as well.

Well when it comes to real life, then I say forget marriage get you a Ferrari or go gay, it'll save you a whole lot of money, and stress, okay maybe not the gay part, but still.
#9Unpopular1Posted 1/10/2011 1:11:53 PM
Both times I have had a Sim get married their new spouse has automatically moved in. Well, I mean a window has popped up asking me which Sims I want in each house and it will not let me separate the newlyweds.
---
Insert laugh here: