Can't plant seeds on sims 3 for xbox

#1xoxonenePosted 3/21/2011 1:05:42 PM
Hey guys,
I am completely stuck and equally stumped when it comes to planting seeds in the Sims 3. I've read nearly all the guides on the internet and still can't seem to get it to work. Here's my dillema, my Sim is on level 3 gardening from reading books. So I go outside, open my build/buy mode-->family inventory-->LETTUCE SEED-->place (placed somewhere outside on the ground, doesn't seem to make any difference where since I can't get it to work ANYWHERE in my backyard)-->Live mode... Then BAM, stuck. I scroll over the seed that i placed outside on the grass, my sim comes close and the seed isn't even highlighted, I can't pick it up, can't plant it, can't put it away, can't even select the stupid thing... and this happens with every seed I try, in every location outside.. any suggestions? I've read and watched several guides to how to do this and still feel like I am missing some key thing... please help!
#2IymiwkuPosted 3/21/2011 4:37:54 PM
This happened to me once, what I did I replace my house and I got it to work.
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3ghostofkrakenPosted 3/24/2011 1:51:11 AM
I just picked up this game today and I got a couple hours into it before I realized that I have the same problem as you. No matter what I do, I can't get my sim's gardening level to start going up. It won't even give me the option to plant any seed. I've tried watching the gardening channel for 10 hours straight and harvesting everything in the community garden, and still nothing.
#4BRANTLY_75Posted 4/8/2011 5:45:15 AM
Try and move into a different house with the same Sim(s). Or better yet, try it out with a completely different Sim household.

If neither of the two work you could always try clearing your Xbox 360's system cache.
---
Nintendo rocks! But not the Wii. The PS3 is okay, but the PS2 is better.
I needed something with better with graphics than a PS2, so I got the Xbox 360.