Who else wants split-screen with AI bots?

#1RedHawk4Posted 8/25/2011 3:06:00 PM

Black Ops had it. The ability to sit down and play with or against some friends and the bots was actually pretty fun, and you didn't have to worry about disconnects or unbalanced teams or lag. I understand that Survival Mode is going to be 2-player split-screen, but that's not quite the same.

#2tomandsamPosted 8/25/2011 6:02:36 PM
YES! I love playing any game in split-screen against bots. Especially in 4 player. I hate how games are slowly lowering/removing split screen support (KZ series). The more games put 4 player split screen in, the better!
---
Who's your MK9 main? PSN: slaya33, Gamertag: The Slaya33
#3RedHawk4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 7:06:33 PM
I know, it's not a good trend in gaming. Local multiplayer feels like it's being phased out very quickly. I remember Modern Warfare 2 having 4-player local multiplayer modes, but since there were no AI bots available as an option, I never even tried it. Having just 4 people run around on the maps is not fast enough, and can be boring. Perhaps if enough people complain about it, MW3 will include bots just like BO eventually did...that is, if MW3 doesn't have them from the beginning.
#4Joehop007Posted 8/25/2011 7:10:18 PM
I want it!
#5RazgrizInfernoPosted 8/25/2011 11:01:24 PM
I hope they do that in MW3. Since they've put some work into the Survival AI it could actually be fun.

The lazily-coded AI in Black Ops makes me sad.
MK9 is another recent game with lazy, garbage AI. And there's plenty more.

It's easy as **** to make a drone that randomly walks around, and then auto-aim snipes you with an SMG the instant it catches the slightest glimpse of you. Likewise, it's easy to make a fighting game AI that reads your moves as you do them and counters them with inhuman reflexes.

It actually takes effort to code AI that provides a challenge while not being unfair, and lately developers aren't doing it.

/rant
---
Recent statistics show that 75% of people make up about 3/4 of the world's population.
#6Doc_ErJPosted 8/26/2011 4:20:20 AM
RazgrizInferno posted...
I hope they do that in MW3. Since they've put some work into the Survival AI it could actually be fun.

The lazily-coded AI in Black Ops makes me sad.
MK9 is another recent game with lazy, garbage AI. And there's plenty more.

It's easy as **** to make a drone that randomly walks around, and then auto-aim snipes you with an SMG the instant it catches the slightest glimpse of you. Likewise, it's easy to make a fighting game AI that reads your moves as you do them and counters them with inhuman reflexes.

It actually takes effort to code AI that provides a challenge while not being unfair, and lately developers aren't doing it.

/rant

You talk as if AI is number 1 priority. It may seem very important to you. But there is a miniscule amount of people who want AI mechanics in Multiplayer modes. And the rant on MK9's AI is pointless. It has better AI than SF4 and such.
---
PSN: ErJ670 -- Playing: Black Ops - Bad Company 2 - MAG - Borderlands - Dead Nation - Dungeon Hunter Alliance - Castle Crashers - Red Dead Redemption - GTA:IV
#7RedHawk4(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2011 11:57:18 AM
The MK series has always had very annoying and cheap AI, all the way back to the PS1 days in my experience. And personally, I was simply glad that they included bots at all in BO's multiplayer. Sure, the fact that they can use an M60 with NO RECOIL and kill me with three bullets from across the entire map in Hazard is...well, ridiculous. Their super-fast knife reactions are irritating as well. But if the developers of MW3 decided to simply copy/paste the bots from BO into split-screen again, I would be happy enough.
#8MastherBeBadPosted 8/26/2011 12:27:16 PM
In Blops. Bots helped me to find the best weapon, and also how to manage that weapon, I guess IW should copy/paste Blops' bots to MW3 but this time we should have everything already unlocked, weapon, equipment... This kind of stuff.
#9Tony90908Posted 8/27/2011 5:59:40 PM
Split screen in black ops dropped the damn framerate for me. And 4 players with bots framerate was also horrid. May have just been me or everybody. not sure.
---
PSN:FrostedFlakes141
#10tomandsamPosted 8/28/2011 8:44:29 AM
Tony90908 posted...
Split screen in black ops dropped the damn framerate for me. And 4 players with bots framerate was also horrid. May have just been me or everybody. not sure.

It happened to me, too. We just worked through it and it was fun as ****.
---
Who's your MK9 main? PSN: slaya33, Gamertag: The Slaya33