Me and brother in same apartment, two PS3s, can't party up.

#11dajaxmanPosted 11/10/2011 9:32:27 AM
try this link see if it helps mate

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3395751?start=0&tstart=0

I have 3 ps3s and 2 xbox all on same router all working no probs but i do remember i had a few issues when i intially set everything up
---
XBOX LIVE GAMETAG -- DAJAXMAN
PSN TAG -- dajaxman
#12dajaxmanPosted 11/10/2011 9:33:25 AM
Making sure you NAT is set to 1 or 2 is very important for multiplayer so get this sorted first
---
XBOX LIVE GAMETAG -- DAJAXMAN
PSN TAG -- dajaxman
#13masamakoPosted 11/10/2011 9:35:09 AM
spanky1 posted...
Eh, I'm pretty sure it's due to my ISP, not my router. Why? I used to have no router, and be connected directly from the PS3 to the modem, and it was still strict. Usually when I tell people this, their brains explode.

Unless you have some screwed up connections that your ISP installed for you, then it's your routers fault. And from what I've seen, any abnormal connections are usually strict.

My connection was until I took the firewall off of the LAN too.

Also, your NAT type goes hand-in-hand with whatever ports you have open.

Because it's strict, the game can't do certain things. In your case, you can't party up. I bet that you can't host games either and get booted off the PSN all the time too, don't you? That's what it was like for me before I sorted my connection out too.

And stop telling people things that make their brains explode, it's manslaughter.
---
PSN - MAArc E.U. MGO - SCRO
~Official White Knight of the PS3 Modern Warfare 3 board~
#14MoP15Posted 11/10/2011 9:43:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15masamakoPosted 11/10/2011 9:47:01 AM
MoP15 posted...
Strict can and does happen because of ISP, I have Bell Cellular internet at some stupid price (80 bucks for 10 gb) because thats all I can have where I live, and strict is the only option available. To get a type 1 or 2 connection, you have to pay 10$ extra a month and have to find a customer representative that know what hes talking about. Most of them, you call and have no clue, so its pointless to try to get them to do it for you.

Sounds like a scam to me bro.

Did you know that when you send your computer in, for whatever reason, they usually just save everything on it and format it?

Fiddle around with the ports yourself I say.

Screw the man.
---
#16MoP15Posted 11/10/2011 9:52:59 AM
Not sure you are talking to me, but when I was talking about getting a customer representative to do it, I didnt mean sending my PC in. I meant him knowing which paper form he needs to send me, so I can sign it etc so they can "release" my IP and make it public, thus giving me type 2 NAT.
#17masamakoPosted 11/11/2011 2:11:11 AM
MoP15 posted...
Not sure you are talking to me, but when I was talking about getting a customer representative to do it, I didnt mean sending my PC in. I meant him knowing which paper form he needs to send me, so I can sign it etc so they can "release" my IP and make it public, thus giving me type 2 NAT.

I was using that as an example on how corrupt companies can be.

What they're doing to you is similar to how companies put DLC on disc's and then make you pay for it.

It's very unethical and you should have NAT type 2 as standard.
---
#18spanky1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 8:42:24 AM
Wait wait wait, something's not right here.

In Black Ops, which is basically the same damn game, me and my brother could join up in a party, in the same house, on the same modem, with two different PS3s. If we could do it there, why can't we do it here? I don't think it's a NAT type issue.

It doesn't say it can't connect, it doesn't time out, it doesn't do any of that. It simply says the other person's party is set to private. Methinks this has something to do with MW3, not stuff on my end. >:(
---
Spanky
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/138/377153264_fada9efcca_m.jpg
#19aladiesman699Posted 11/11/2011 9:05:17 AM
This is a perennial Modern Warfare problem, it's been that way with all the Modern Warfare games and it sucks because Black Ops worked fine with parties on the same router. I hate it so much
---
PSN: aladiesman